★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: FISHLABS
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 17.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.7 (3)
App description: "Slick, intense and completely at home on iPhone, Earth Defender is one of the finest shooters of the year." - Pocket Gamer Score: 8/10 (Silver Award)
The best defence is a good offence!

In the space combat game Earth Defender, you have the chance to put this military motto into practice. Defend the Earth by firing on attacking hordes of aliens and generate apocalyptic chain reactions through targeted bombardments.

You have a wide range of weapons at your disposal to teach your opponent the meaning of fear. But you will reach higher levels only if you perfect your timing.

Your armaments include destructive Blast bombs, all devouring Black Hole bombs, and electric Lightning bombs. But the aces up your sleeve are the five Superbombs that wipe out everything in sight at a stroke. Ideal for those moments when you have your back to the wall in this adrenaline-laden arcade game.

- Spectacular graphics with elaborate effects and detailed animated backgrounds
- Atmospheric, orchestral soundtrack and awesome sound
- Multi-touch action with up to five fingers
- Seven unique level bosses and a gigantic end boss
- Six different levels with 14 different enemy types
- 20 OpenFeint achievements and integration in Facebook and Twitter
- On-line highscore lists via OpenFeint

Confront the extraterrestrial threat and prove that your home planet can count on you while you repel wave after wave of attackers!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

TA Hands On - http://toucharcade.com/2010/07/02/ea...ssile-command/

07-20-2010, 12:39 AM
Played two levels, pretty cool game. Works great on the iPad as well.

07-20-2010, 01:37 AM
Any more impressions? Looks very sweet...at US$0.99...

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
07-20-2010, 01:41 AM
I've played this game before. It was pretty good. Fun.

07-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Well, you can't complain at the actual price - although I'm used to better looking apps from fishlabs

To sum it up: bought it - dl it - tried two levels - won't open it up again, as I found it nothing special
07-20-2010, 07:17 AM
Great game. Addictive and fun to play. Everything feels pretty much spot on. Gameplay made me think of a cross between Missile Command and Galaga, with quite a number of other ideas added for good measure. Great for pick up and play as well as longer sessions. Perfect price. Easy recommendation.
07-20-2010, 09:44 AM
So far I think this game is fantastic. They have breathed new life into the Missile Command gameplay mechanic. The touch interface is brilliantly used and perfectly suited to this kind of game.

The graphics and sound are top-notch as well. Really happy with this purchase.

flickr: rustyjaw site: rustyjaw.com
07-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Its a great game in terms of presentation but by the time I got to level 5 I find it was getting boring.
07-21-2010, 01:14 PM
fantastic shooter

its absolutely addicting and the detailed graphics are awesome!
07-23-2010, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by c.ihls View Post
Well, you can't complain at the actual price - although I'm used to better looking apps from fishlabs
It think it looks great. Sure it's 2D but it has style. IMMHO it's hard to compare that way. 3D vs 2D on mobile? Maybe its also a matter of personal taste.

Down on the upside