★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Neon Battle HD - will be published by Chillingo

07-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Neon Battle HD - will be published by Chillingo

Hallo,

I am still working on a two players iPad game. It is named Neon Battle HD

News: Neon Battle HD will be published by Chillingo ! See http://www.chillingo.com/upcoming_games.htm for details!

Here are some new Screenshots (10/14/2010):

Here is a brand new video (2010/08/20) of the nearly finished multiplayer part of Neon Battle HD, view it in HD!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Here are some older screenshots...

Gameplay-Description:

Two players sit in front of each other. Both have a canon, with that they can defend themselves. Each player has a set of weapons / rockets, that he can send to the other players' side by a finger slide. The rockets are used to destroy the shield of the other player. The player whose shield is completely destroyed looses the game.
With the canon each player can destroy the incoming rockets from the other player.
There is a control for the started rockets. By pushing that control, the rocket does a change maneuver.
Sometimes there are items to collect (shield-repair, more fire-power, higher rocket-speed, etc..). To collect the items, there is a button, suddenly becoming visible on each players' side. The Player, that is pushing the button faster, receives the bonus-item.

There are also some objects showing up, that can destroy the rockets, while flying to the other side, the player has to get around or destroy them.

The game speed is very high, each player can start up to 8 rockets at once, so the whole thing is a funny hectic game, that can be over within minutes...

Release is planned in about one month...
Still some things to do: Finish gameplay, integrate cool music and sound effects, integrate a single-player (other player is simulated by CPU), OpenFeint-Integration

What do you think about it?

Last edited by laxaris; 10-15-2010 at 03:54 AM. Reason: added news about Chillingo and some screens
07-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Looks neat, but I'd advice you to have another backup title for the game ready. Doubt apple is going to allow "Pad" as the game title.

07-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Yes you could be right, the name is not sure at the moment, what do you think about "Neon Fight HD"?
07-20-2010, 06:10 PM
I like Neon Fight HD much better. Awesome looking game btw. Will there be an AI?

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
07-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Thanks!

ok, I will rename it ;-) Does anybody know, how to rename the title of this thread?

Yes I plan to integrate some AI for the single-player part...
07-20-2010, 08:18 PM
I think Neon Wars HD sounds much better than Neon Fight HD but that may be just me. I'm a big fan of two player games so I can't wait to see some gameplay vids.
07-20-2010, 08:21 PM
How bout Neon Apocolypse? or Neon Rebellion? Neon Revolution? Glow Fire?

The word war is a little too common on the app store.

Last edited by songbird; 07-20-2010 at 09:47 PM.
07-20-2010, 08:28 PM
How 'bout "Vectack HD" ?
07-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCat View Post
How 'bout "Vectack HD" ?
LOL! Where did the word neon go?

07-20-2010, 10:44 PM
What's in a name

I think "neon wars HD" sounds too much like geometry wars. What about a name with "Assault" or "Battle" in it instead? I just think some potential buyers would see the graphics combined with "wars" in the name and think it's a clone. Not that I feel it is, just a potential deterrent, IMO.

Game looks sweet though. Maybe even retro would work in the name. Kind of cash in on a hot theme right now...

Favorites: Tilt to Live, Super Stick Golf, Tiny Tower, Juggle!, Zombie Gunship, NBA Jam, Boost 2
Beta Tested: Tilt to Live v1.5
Open Feint, GameCenter, Plus+: chrisf82

Last edited by chrisf82; 07-20-2010 at 10:46 PM.