★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Any possibility of a price drop / sale on 1112? I'd snap it up, how about you?

03-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Any possibility of a price drop / sale on 1112? I'd snap it up, how about you?

I'd like to see a limited time sale or a price drop on some of the games that I have been holding out on. I'm really hoping for a drop/sale on 1112 ep 01. The lite version was nice, but I'm almost to the point where I have waited soooo long - I'm just gonna keep on waiting. I bet there would be a resurgance of interest in 1112 w/ a small price drop or 48 hour sale, it really is quite a stunner graphically. $4.99 for a couple of days & I would pull the trigger. Anybody else been waiting on this one?

How about you - any other games that you would snap up if the price just dropped a bit?

Last edited by DieseliPhone; 03-02-2009 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Add emphasis to part two of this post
03-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Please don't ask for price drops, let alone create a thread asking for one.

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss

03-02-2009, 02:47 PM
I like this thread, let the complaints begin!!!

Here is what I have currently "appsnipped"

-Hairball (1.99)
-CubicMan Deluxe (2.99)
-Flexis(2.99)
-Lock 'n' Roll Pro (2.99)
-7 cities (4.99)

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
03-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
Please don't ask for price drops, let alone create a thread asking for one.
Not asking for a drop, even reconized the great graphic style of this particular title - but I am recognizing the fact that there is probably an untapped market of folks waiting for small drops on certain games and am interested in exploring what type of potential income awaits for developers willing to offer small sales in the prices of thier apps - not the crazy slash to .99 or free for a couple of days thing. I just wonder how many folks are putting off incredible game experiences for just a couple of bucks.

I am SURE that I am not the only one - Unless you are the developer of this app, I don't see how you can ignore the request for discussion on this particular issue. If your not interested; then, don't post or read further.

Last edited by DieseliPhone; 03-02-2009 at 03:16 PM. Reason: spelling correct
03-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo19 View Post
I like this thread, let the complaints begin!!!

Here is what I have currently "appsnipped"

-Hairball (1.99)
-CubicMan Deluxe (2.99)
-Flexis(2.99)
-Lock 'n' Roll Pro (2.99)
-7 cities (4.99)
appsniper is physical proof that a developer acknowledges this theory and has created an app to cash in on the fact that folks are happy just to wait and watch for a bit. appsniper also offers several levels of "sale" notification for those looking to save just a bit or alot.
03-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieseliPhone View Post
I'd like to see a limited time sale or a price drop on some of the games that I have been holding out on. I'm really hoping for a drop/sale on 1112 ep 01. The lite version was nice, but I'm almost to the point where I have waited soooo long - I'm just gonna keep on waiting. I bet there would be a resurgance of interest in 1112 w/ a small price drop or 48 hour sale, it really is quite a stunner graphically. $4.99 for a couple of days & I would pull the trigger. Anybody else been waiting on this one?

How about you - any other games that you would snap up if the price just dropped a bit?
I bought 1112 full price and don't regret it. I am wondering why there has been quite a wait for ep 02 which is supposed to be $4.99. I'm still early in the game and enjoying it. Gotta love the Johnny Depp lookalike main character
03-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩 View Post
I bought 1112 full price and don't regret it. I am wondering why there has been quite a wait for ep 02 which is supposed to be $4.99. I'm still early in the game and enjoying it. Gotta love the Johnny Depp lookalike main character
I'm pretty sure the devs were shooting for a March release for episode 02.

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
03-02-2009, 03:29 PM
I waited and waited on this one, and even sent a couple of requests to the developer for a promo code, since I will most likely be writing a review for this on my web site (and definitely would have had they provided me a code) and personally would probably have to give up my hobby of reviewing software if I had to buy every title I reviewed. Since I never heard back from them I did go ahead and buy it, and though I've not gotten very far I like what I've seen so far. Would a price drop have been nice? Certainly. But as long as the quality is good I don't mind paying the price I did. It sure beats the 20-30 bucks a pop I used to pay for PC games in my "frivolous" days that I never even played.

As for the delay, I believe it's because they are working on a strategy game right now. That's fine by me, because this platform certainly could use some more quality strategy games that aren't TD games.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
03-02-2009, 03:32 PM
hell yah id snap it up. i like that dudes pervyness lol.
03-02-2009, 03:32 PM
I sent an email to Sony asking them for a reduced price on a 42-inch 1080p TV because then I could see if I would like it and I even said I'd review it for them.

Why is that sillier than asking a dev?