★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** ON SALE!!! 33 % OFF ***
*** CHECK OUT OUR NEW GAME - REALM DEFENSE!!! ***

This game will take you away into a mystic world full of adventure and magic.
You can go on unbelievable adventures,fight evil enemies and discover amazing magic treasures!
Explore islands, forests and caves full of mystic secrets and ancient magic artifacts.

Seishu's comments:


Lite Version: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=375291583&mt=8

Just tried the lite version, and the game is somewhat interesting.
07-20-2010, 07:22 PM
#2
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,146
Trying the lite version as well. Enjoyable Heros of Might and Magic variant so far. Remains to be seen how much depth it has, but I see myself playing at least until the end of the lite version.

07-20-2010, 07:26 PM
#3
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 540
nice description
07-20-2010, 08:46 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Trying the lite version as well. Enjoyable Heros of Might and Magic variant so far. Remains to be seen how much depth it has, but I see myself playing at least until the end of the lite version.
Is it just a exploration type game or kingdom building / army raising?
07-20-2010, 09:22 PM
#5
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,146
Finished the lite. Would probably plonk down a buck for more, but there just wasn't enough variation in the lite version to make me pay the asking price at the moment. 2 units, 1 spell, and nothing aside from expanding your army. No idea if there is more content (variety) in the full game.
07-20-2010, 10:23 PM
#6
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 359
I found the light version to simplisticly boring.

I would have a hard time toss .99 down for this one.

Legendary Empire so far has been much better and in the same price range. It has much more detail and depth... and other d descriptives.

Munkie!

Looking for a cool sig.
07-20-2010, 10:35 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Finished the lite. Would probably plonk down a buck for more, but there just wasn't enough variation in the lite version to make me pay the asking price at the moment. 2 units, 1 spell, and nothing aside from expanding your army. No idea if there is more content (variety) in the full game.
There is: once you complete the initial quest (finding the 3 books) the story continues with relates quests (there are pages missing, so you need to head south to pursue, but first you need the key to the southern gate, etc). You get more spells, more gear, more monsters -- everything you would expect from an RPG, only way simplified. I'm actually finding it pretty enjoyable in an old-school sort of way. Definitely not a deep game, but surprinsingly well made.
07-20-2010, 10:50 PM
#8
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
There is: once you complete the initial quest (finding the 3 books) the story continues with relates quests (there are pages missing, so you need to head south to pursue, but first you need the key to the southern gate, etc). You get more spells, more gear, more monsters -- everything you would expect from an RPG, only way simplified. I'm actually finding it pretty enjoyable in an old-school sort of way. Definitely not a deep game, but surprinsingly well made.
Do you get more units aside from the 2 in the demo? And maybe more importantly, do you need them? I found the demo to be a bit too easy.

I'm a big fan of the HOMM games, and while I'm not expecting this to match that depth, I'm still wondering whether what's here is at least enough.
07-20-2010, 11:03 PM
#9
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: us of a
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Do you get more units aside from the 2 in the demo? And maybe more importantly, do you need them? I found the demo to be a bit too easy.

I'm a big fan of the HOMM games, and while I'm not expecting this to match that depth, I'm still wondering whether what's here is at least enough.
It looks like in the screenshot the player has another type of monster unit. The big plant-eyeball-thing that always kills me in my early levels.

07-20-2010, 11:16 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Do you get more units aside from the 2 in the demo? And maybe more importantly, do you need them? I found the demo to be a bit too easy.

I'm a big fan of the HOMM games, and while I'm not expecting this to match that depth, I'm still wondering whether what's here is at least enough.
Just those two units so far, but the game does get tougher -- there's a bit of tactics involved in choosing your targets and moving to positions that don't allow the mob to gang on you.

In a way, you do have two other units -- a spell caster and a healer -- they're just not involved in the fray. As I said before, there's not that much depth to it, but I'm enjoying the basic mechanics enough to keep playing.