★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Control the weather, and send your score into the stratosphere! All for free!

Welcome to Rainy Days Free - A game of balance, action, and strategy.

Drop pieces to raise and lower rain gauges on the playing field.
Different patterns of gauge levels unlock bonuses.
Bonuses raise your score multiplier.
Each piece dropped adds to your point total.
Each bonus raises your multiplier by a different amount. More difficult patterns raise your score by more.

Whatever you do, act fast. The clock is ticking away! Get enough points and get more time.

Rainy Days Free is OpenFeint integrated, so you can compete with the world for the best scores, and unlock achievements as you play.

Blackmuse's comments:
7/20: Hot off the presses, and completely free!

07-20-2010, 08:28 PM
This is one I'd long been curious about but not being able to get even the ROUGHEST clue what the gameplay was about, didn't feel like taking a gamble on.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

07-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
This is one I'd long been curious about but not being able to get even the ROUGHEST clue what the gameplay was about, didn't feel like taking a gamble on.
The gameplay is rather different and experimental. If you find something like the "Achievement Unlocked!" flash games fun, you'll might also enjoy this one. Imagine if you could play an arcade/puzzle version of that type of game against opponents worldwide, competing on score, and you get more of an idea of what Rainy Days is about.

It's a pretty unique mechanic and gameplay system, but I hope you find it interesting. And hey, it's now free!
07-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmuse View Post
The gameplay is rather different and experimental. If you find something like the "Achievement Unlocked!" flash games fun, you'll might also enjoy this one. Imagine if you could play an arcade/puzzle version of that type of game against opponents worldwide, competing on score, and you get more of an idea of what Rainy Days is about.

It's a pretty unique mechanic and gameplay system, but I hope you find it interesting. And hey, it's now free!
What is the difference between the Free and Full versions?

My iTunes Reviews
07-20-2010, 10:42 PM
Still not in Canada.
07-21-2010, 12:29 AM
Send a message via AIM to ErinDar
I downloaded this and I'm still not sure of the strategies to achieving bonuses. Also, I am interested in knowing the difference(s) between the free and full versions.

OpenFeint: ErinDarg
07-21-2010, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinDar View Post
I downloaded this and I'm still not sure of the strategies to achieving bonuses. Also, I am interested in knowing the difference(s) between the free and full versions.
Part of the challenge is the discovery of the bonuses. I don't want to give away too much but try leaving a few columns empty or full, then do the opposite on others. This thread can also be a discussion of how to unlock bonuses. Once you do unlock one it's description shows in the postgame results table.

I've double checked to make sure it's available in Canada. I've gotten Canadian downloads. Sorry cranker, not sure what the problem is.

The paid version has no ads and a more detailed bonus table on the home screen. I'm toting with the idea of also showing all the bonus descriptions in the full version right away.

The paid version also has a separate set of high score boards

Last edited by Blackmuse; 07-21-2010 at 08:21 AM. Reason: More info
07-21-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmuse View Post
Part of the challenge is the discovery of the bonuses. I don't want to give away too much but try leaving a few columns empty or full, then do the opposite on others. This thread can also be a discussion of how to unlock bonuses. Once you do unlock one it's description shows in the postgame results table.

I've double checked to make sure it's available in Canada. I've gotten Canadian downloads. Sorry cranker, not sure what the problem is.

The paid version has no ads and a more detailed bonus table on the home screen. I'm toting with the idea of also showing all the bonus descriptions in the full version right away.

The paid version also has a separate set of high score boards
Still a bit confused. Are all possible bonuses in the Free version but you just don't get the stats for them at the end of the game or does the lite only allow a small subset of all possible bonuses or some arbitrary cap to the multiplier?

My iTunes Reviews
07-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Still a bit confused. Are all possible bonuses in the Free version but you just don't get the stats for them at the end of the game or does the lite only allow a small subset of all possible bonuses or some arbitrary cap to the multiplier?
In the free version, every bonus is available, the stats are kept and shown at the end of a game, and there is no cap on score or multiplier, just like the paid version.

The paid version has an extra screen you can access from the main menu that shows a more detailed version of that bonus table you see at the end of a game. That screen shows the names of each bonus in the game, the descriptions of each bonus you've unlocked, lifetime tallies of each bonus, and the highest single game count for that bonus.