★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Featured by Apple and previous player comments...
"Very fun game to play when on the go!" MelindaMe (US).
"Nice game! Recommend it!" neos66 (US).
"Nice and Colorful!!! I like the graphics so much! :)" fiero19 (US).

Tropical Treasures Pocket Edition... the tropical themed gem matching game.

Launch gems by touching the gem launcher anywhere on the red line.

Match 3 or more of the same colour horizontally or vertically to clear gems to gain points and bonuses etc.

If any gems reach the base of the waterfall the game is over! You must continue to match gems to also prevent the play timer running out of time.

Hitting a snake gem will cause all adjacent gems both horizontally and vertically to explode, whether they match or not.

If you aim to hit a resting butterfly 'directly' with a same colour gem, all other gems on screen of the same colour will explode. Beware that clearing gems near to a butterfly or by hitting a nearby snake gem can sometimes scare it away!

As you progress you may be visited by a friendly Chameleon from time to time, which will eat a random row of gems to help you reach an even higher score.

Pressing pause freezes the action, pressing again resumes it.

You will gain unlockable awards and a better hi-score as you climb the levels of Tropical Treasures... Good luck!

* Supports both Standard 320x480 and Retina 640x960 screen devices.
* Addictive puzzle gameplay.
* Mega gem explosion combos.
* Butterfly & Chameleon bonuses.
* 100's of levels!
* Animated Water and Lava backdrops.
* Difficulty setting.
* Resume game feature.
* Tropical themed graphics.
* Ambient sound effects.
* Easy to pick up and play.
* Suitable for all ages.
* Persistent Hi-Score.
* Unlockable Awards.

Mobile Amusements's comments:
New out today!

07-21-2010, 01:09 AM
Supports retina screen on iPhone 4.

07-21-2010, 01:14 AM
Congrats, I really enjoyed the iPad version. What are the major improvements/changes between the 2 versions?
07-21-2010, 01:43 AM
Hi there,

This version is almost identical in every way but supports both regular iPhone 320x480 and iPhone4 640x960 with high resolution graphics.

It was not currently possible to build an iOS4 version that supports iPhone, iPhone4 and iPad becasue iPad is not at iOS4 revision level yet and we wanted to put high res graphics in for iPhone4 ...think that explains it

Last edited by Mobile Amusements; 07-21-2010 at 01:59 AM.
07-21-2010, 09:17 AM
I haven't played the game, but I love the name!
Creating an iPhone version of an iPad game and calling it "Pocket Edition" is very creative.
07-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Game Impressions

The game is good, but it is way too tiny on the iphone! It's so tiny that I often hit the wrong place. The game shouldn't be just scaled down from the ipad version. It needs fewer rows and columns so the gem pieces can be bigger. Other than this I do like the sound and other effects.

Best App Site: FreeMyApps - Redeem paid apps for free on your iOS device!
07-22-2010, 11:54 PM
You might like to try the precursor to this title 'Dragon Gems' for iPhone from which this title evolved.