★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Faad App by FreeAppADay.com introduces Offices Heroes as our Discovery App of The Week

Featured on MSNBC!

Also Featured on Apperangs App of the Week and Moblly!

#1 Free Adventure Game in the U.S. App Store
Top 10 game in many countries worldwide

LIMITED TIME -- NEW USERS GET A BONUS OF 15 FREE PAPERCLIPS!

"It's incredibly refreshing to play a social game that actually has an original premise." - Touch
Arcade

"Office Heroes has a great art style - a bit anime, a bit super-deformed." - PocketGamer.co.uk

"While its all but confirmed Steve Carell aka Michael Scott is leaving The Office this season,
YOU can still manage your very own office with this game." - The APPera

Are you tired of tending the farm? So are we!

Office Heroes is a fun, FREE social game for the iPhone and iPod Touch that lets you climb the
corporate ladder and deck out your corner office with hundreds of awesome items.

Climb the ranks by completing typical workday tasks such as tweeting, updating your résumé
and playing solitaire (how productive!), and earn career points to spend on the latest office
decorations and avatar customizations.

Unlike your stagnating real-world career, in Office Heroes youll be lounging in your posh
corner office in no time just in time for the new season of Mad Men.

Features:
- FREE
- Hundreds of beautifully crafted items and decorations
- Virtually unlimited avatar customization
- Invite friends, send gifts, visit their offices, and help them with their tasks
- Push Notifications for when your tasks are done!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

TA Preview : http://toucharcade.com/2010/07/08/up...-time-in-game/
07-21-2010, 08:38 AM
Anyone with impressions yet?

07-21-2010, 08:42 AM
Looks like it would be an entertaining enough distraction to be worth a shot. I think I'll be checking this out when it's out on the US store tonight.
07-21-2010, 08:51 AM
I remember seeing a trailer for this a week or so ago and it did look very interesting. I'm guessing they will have unique items available as In App purchases to try and make some money off the app. I'm sure I'll check it out for free but I don't plan on paying a bunch of money to make the office look truly unique.
07-21-2010, 01:35 PM
Hey guys, Astro Ape Studios, the Office Heroes devs here.

Our official website is now live - check it out: http://officeheroesapp.com/

Our launch day is Thursday the 22nd, so check your region's App Store when the date changes. Come on, it's free!

Anyone who grabs the game in its first five business days (remember, this is an office game!) will get a signing bonus: 10,000 bonus Career Points and 10 Paperclips to start you off (a $1 value).

Fingers crossed for some Apple love tomorrow! We've been working hard on Office Heroes for more than six months, so we're super excited to be shipping.

Oh...and here's a few promo codes for anyone who wants to check it out a day early:

RTPAERW6AT6A
W47TL979FJLM
RYWLTNMP4NE4

We can't wait to hear what people think!

A Note on facebook:

We chose Facebook as the login interface because it's widely used, and essentially platform agnostic. While we're launching on iPhone, we may want to release versions for other platforms, and we want folks to be able to visit their friends' offices regardless of platform.

Office Heroes won't spam your wall or your friends list. You're given the option to post or invite friends, but it's elective. Spam sucks. That's why one of the tasks you can run on your Office Heroes computer is "fight spam!"

To anyone who just doesn't use Facebook, we're sad to miss you!

Last edited by astroapestudios; 07-22-2010 at 12:43 PM.
07-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Took RYWLTNMP4NE4, downloading now -- will try to give it a whirl when I can take a break from work here at the office (lulz!).

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Damien View Post
Are you serious ? Are you pro ?
07-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Send a message via AIM to RttaM Send a message via Yahoo to RttaM
Took W47TL979FJLM. Pretty disappointed to see that it will probably have in-app services. I was hoping for a game, that would stray away from there. Seems I'm wrong.
07-21-2010, 01:47 PM
We think Office Heroes is a treat for all the customization fiends out there. There are a TON of fun (and funny) ways you can customize your office and avatar - and there are in-app purchases, but a lot of the more awesome items are free.

We're fully committed to supporting this game for the long haul, too. We're already working on the first update, and we have a ton of ideas for new features and content in the days to come.
07-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Looks good, I'll try it out since it's free anyways. Btw, is there a way to get paperclips without buying them? By leveling up or something?
07-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Send a message via AIM to RttaM Send a message via Yahoo to RttaM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astroapestudios View Post
We think Office Heroes is a treat for all the customization fiends out there. There are a TON of fun (and funny) ways you can customize your office and avatar - and there are in-app purchases, but a lot of the more awesome items are free.

We're fully committed to supporting this game for the long haul, too. We're already working on the first update, and we have a ton of ideas for new features and content in the days to come.
Thanks for responding, how much will in-app purchases be?