★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SEGA
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 5.4 MB
  • Version: 2.0.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Play like a real dolphin using sonar, catching air and singing as you explore the beautiful deep sea.

Ecco the Dolphin is a great game and its fantastic to see that SEGAs emulation has been fixed up, allowing you to experience without any unfortunate hiccups. IGN.com

Ecco the Dolphin is just as much of a classic as the other games Sega has released, and really should be played by anyone who considers themselves a gamer who hasn't yet. Toucharcade.com

After a mysterious storm, Eccos family disappeared help him search his vast ocean home for them. Dart through the deep sea, catch air with playful flips for oxygen and use sonar to get messages from undersea creatures and crystal glyphs.

EXPLORE THE DEEP SEA
Explore over 25 beautiful levels to unravel the cause of a mysterious storm and rescue Eccos pod.

SONAR COMMUNICATION
Sing to communicate with other sea animals, uncover hidden paths and attack dangerous sea lurkers.

2 VERSIONS OF THE GAME
Play either the US or Japanese version of the game by switching your devices language

CHECK OUT other Sega games:
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Space Harrier II
- Football Manager Handheld 2010
- Super Monkey Ball 2
- Super Monkey Ball 2: Sakura Edition for iPad
- Super Monkey Ball
- Golden Axe
- Shining Force
- Streets of Rage
- Columns Deluxe

FOLLOW US at
twitter.com/sega
facebook.com/sega

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

International Link : http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/ecco-dolphin-international/id324891361?mt=8
07-21-2010, 05:46 AM
Insta-buy! This use to be one of my all-time Game Gear classics...

OpenFeint / Gameloft ID: KiranB28
Hooked On: Cut The Rope, Bookworm, Samurai II
Reckless Racer, Modern Combat 2 (add me!)

07-21-2010, 05:53 AM
One of my all-time fave too, but is it still using the same awful emulators?

Choppy framerate, crappy controls and no save slots!

All these Genesis games really remind us how far SEGA has fallen as a company from the great SEGA of the 90s to the lazy and stupid company of the noughties.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
07-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranb28 View Post
Insta-buy! This use to be one of my all-time Game Gear classics...
I still have my Game Gear, but all my games, including Ecco, went in a fire... I'll let the memories rest.

Playing: Solipskier, Edge, Ground Effect, Bobble Surfer, Minigore, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, iSR, Pocket God, Slotz, Zen Bound 2, Crazy Snowboard, Vector Tank, ...
07-21-2010, 08:40 AM
I always loved Ecco as a kid... but I somehow never got passed the first level. Maybe I should try it out again to see if I'm any better

Currently playing : NOVA 2, Real Racing 2, Jenga, Queen's Crown, NBA Jam
07-21-2010, 09:22 AM
The last few levels on this game is the stuff of nightmares. I'm kinda glad I never finished it when I was young because I would have certainly lost my sleep.
07-21-2010, 09:52 AM
loved this game!

but graphics and controls dont look up to par with my iPhone 4 gaming system!
07-21-2010, 10:16 AM
I know the title very well by success and cult status but never played it ! Is it worth to be add on my iphone ?
07-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Send a message via MSN to LonERecoN
I had Ecco on the Sega MegaDrive. I'm willing to spend 59p on this but no more. Looks like I'll be waiting for a sale then.

iOS Developer
Star Shooter
Star Shooter: HD
Follow me: @MattGibbard
07-21-2010, 10:23 AM
@screams@ OMG. I have looked for 15 years for an old gear that works and that game. I can't believe it!! Warning, if they put out codes, I'm liable to become a monster trying to get one! Nothing personal ya all!! % hugs%

Add me to your Game Center .... Lacedolphin