★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Advertising on Facebook ? will it be useful?

07-21-2010, 05:29 AM
Advertising on Facebook ? will it be useful?

since ninja chicken ipad version is out, I plan to do some marketing

I checked with TA, no ads available right now

then I thought about FB, anyone try it before?

will it be useful? if not, any good place to buy ads?

I know admob is useless
07-21-2010, 05:38 AM
Send a message via MSN to LonERecoN
It's always worth creating a Twitter and Facebook page for advertisement and to keep your fans interested about updates. Creating a Twitter account and Facebook page is free, so why not. Just link them together, so anything you post on Twitter automatically will be posted to Facebook, and keep them up to date.

iOS Developer
Star Shooter
Star Shooter: HD
Follow me: @MattGibbard

07-21-2010, 05:47 AM
already has twitter and facebook page

but only few follower
07-21-2010, 05:57 AM
Send a message via MSN to LonERecoN
You need to get better exposure on your game then. Paying for advertisements may draw in a few sales, but the spend-return ratio may not be what you expect. You may find advertising will cost you more than you will make back in sales.

Try giving some promo codes to review sites and people who will review your game. I also suggest planning an update so users who already own your game have a reason to keep it and recommend it to their friends.

A lot of developers have also found updating their apps/games to support IOS4 and the Retina Display has improved their sales and exposure. Retina Display compatible games are few-and-far-between, jump on the bandwagon early.

iOS Developer
Star Shooter
Star Shooter: HD
Follow me: @MattGibbard
07-21-2010, 06:09 AM
Include a Twitter/Facebook link button in your game.. Also, did it take much to make an iPad version? I just didn't think you'd do it cause of the poor sales.. Have they picked up? I hope so..

I like my milk with some cereal.
Game Center; STARDUSTGD add me please..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgboy View Post
I know this is stupid but I just hit 500 posts! Post the amount of posts you have here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kijib View Post
noob
10-25-2010, 10:46 AM
yeah fb can be useful in advertising, just gotta know the right way to do it. Try using FBML to customize apps and create a landing page, that'll help alot in generating traffic.
10-26-2010, 02:41 AM
I'd certainly advise against using Facebook ads. Mostly because it's prohibitively expensive.
10-26-2010, 11:17 PM
I think facebook ads are worth it, but have them link to your facebook page, not directly to your app. Then your goal is to get more facebook fans, because every time you get a new fan it is broadcast to all of that person's friends and is like getting free advertising.
10-26-2010, 11:38 PM
I think he's asking if anyone has actually paid for facebook ads, not how to effectively use a regular facebook page... I would be curious if anyone has tried this as well.
10-27-2010, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
I think he's asking if anyone has actually paid for facebook ads, not how to effectively use a regular facebook page... I would be curious if anyone has tried this as well.
Talking to a friend, he said his studio bought some FB ads for their (admittedly mostly crappy) iPhone games, and they didn't really do much at all. I don't usually hear much data about this stuff either, in fact I wonder if anyone is investing much in that aspect?

I spend a fair amount of time trying to build up my fanbase between twitter and FB, the numbers aren't "bad" but still too low to really feel like they matter. I am doing a bit of cleanup to all of that stuff in anticipation of a coming promotion and it will hopefully be quite useful during that phase. At some point I'll write up some giant concise blog, or post or whatever detailing the whole process and what worked/sucked