★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Deus Ex??

07-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Deus Ex??

I would assume that the iPhone 4 is powerful enough to run a game like Deus Ex. It was a fairly popular game and still is today, anyone think there is a chance that it will be ported to the iPhone?

I would definitely pay a premium price for that!
07-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Send a message via AIM to RttaM Send a message via Yahoo to RttaM
No...

07-21-2010, 10:10 AM
No...

Follow me on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram @ithinkimalion
07-21-2010, 10:15 AM
Alright, maybe not an official port but what about a clone?
07-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlredbird View Post
I would assume that the iPhone 4 is powerful enough to run a game like Deus Ex. It was a fairly popular game and still is today, anyone think there is a chance that it will be ported to the iPhone?

I would definitely pay a premium price for that!
Would only be good if they could run it in sizable chunks and not chop it up like Deus Ex 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
07-21-2010, 11:12 AM
I have inquired a bit about the rights to the game for the iPhone but I haven't gotten too far as of yet.

I was the producer of the Deus Ex games at Ion Storm, so I have some inside knowledge .
07-21-2010, 11:30 AM
I rarely make the argument that a game just wouldn't work on the iDevice, but on this case I have to make an exception. Games rarely get as dense as Deux Ex: it's an FPS, an RPG, a stealth shooter, and an adventure game all at once. The variety of possible actions still seems astounding. It was one of the first 3D games that allowed you to fully interact with the environment. I just don't see how an iPhone port or clone could do it justice.

Now, an FPS RPG could work on the platform, but it would probably need a much more limited scope.
07-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I rarely make the argument that a game just wouldn't work on the iDevice, but on this case I have to make an exception. Games rarely get as dense as Deux Ex: it's an FPS, an RPG, a stealth shooter, and an adventure game all at once. The variety of possible actions still seems astounding. It was one of the first 3D games that allowed you to fully interact with the environment. I just don't see how an iPhone port or clone could do it justice.

Now, an FPS RPG could work on the platform, but it would probably need a much more limited scope.
I kind of disagree (although I get what you are saying). The PS2 version for example was IMO the best version of the original.
07-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
That's pretty cool that you have some pull with Ion Storm. Do you think they'd ever consider a port to the iPhone?
Ion Storm is out of business. Eidos (the Publisher) owned the rights, but Eidos has been sold and merged a few times since DX was released, so it is complicated.
07-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEye View Post
Ion Storm is out of business. Eidos (the Publisher) owned the rights, but Eidos has been sold and merged a few times since DX was released, so it is complicated.
Now that is complicated. Does that mean Square Enix technically now own the rights to DX or something?

'A delayed game is bad for now, but a bad game is bad forever' - Shigeru Miyamoto