★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: 100% of iPhone Game App Sales will Aid Gulf Coast Relief Efforts(Gushers 1.1 Release)

07-22-2010, 11:05 AM
100% of iPhone Game App Sales will Aid Gulf Coast Relief Efforts(Gushers 1.1 Release)

Greetings Touch Arcade,

We are sure you all are aware of the tragic oil spill that has taken place in the Gulf Region. My brother and I, the two members who make up Razorleaf Studios, felt that we needed to do something to help out. Being college students, our funds are relatively limited, but having had developed an oil-themed game, 'Gushers', several months before the oil spill, we decided to help out by donating 100% of the proceeds of our game to the Gulf Coast Oil Spill Fund.

‘Gushers’ is an oil exploration-themed iPhone and iPad game that closely analogs an actual oil drilling environment, but also emphasizes safe oil techniques through various game elements. Playing 'Gushers' is an entertaining way to learn about the whole oil drilling process. In addition to enjoying the game, we can also make a big difference by helping out those whose lives were so deeply affected by the BP Oil Spill.

We have been working daily on Gushers for over 1 year now and can promise you a full-fledged game with the following features:
  • 40 Levels of Story Mode as you drill for oil around the world
  • A challenging, 80-Level Competition Mode with its own unique treasure system
  • Custom sound effects and music created specifically and only for Gushers [The music in the Youtube video below is indeed in the game]
  • Over 20 different pipes and gadgets for you to unlock as you progress through the game
  • Over 30 technologies that can be purchased to aid in your drilling

Here is a link to a press release about our efforts:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-99019349.html

Check out the official Gushers video:

We are also working on the next huge content update that will add much more to the game - even more details on this coming up soon. We do not believe in Downloadable Content (DLC), so this update will be completely free for anyone who has purchased the game.

Gushers is now compatible with iPhone OS4.
07-22-2010, 12:14 PM
One of my favorite games of last year. Kudos to the team!