★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Pixelogic is a fun and challenging puzzle game where you use logic to reveal a hidden picture made of colored cells. Like a mixture between sudoku and minesweeper, numeric hints are used to uncover a pixelated surprise. Access over 1,400 puzzles, plus a new puzzle for download every day (for free).

Pixelogic is based on a japanese logic game commonly referred to as Picross, Nonograms, Griddlers, Pic-a-Pix, Hanjie and Paint by Numbers.

Features include:
Universal app supports iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
Over 1,400 puzzles available in sizes from 5x5 to 25x25! Over 125 built-in and 1,300+ past daily puzzles
A new puzzle is featured for download everyday.
Create your own puzzle to share with your friends or to play yourself. Puzzles can be submitted to be featured as a daily puzzle.
Auto-save feature restores your game if you exit in the middle of a game.
Scoreboard records your high score for each puzzle and compares your score to players from around the world.
Option to disable error feedback

"I find this game totally addictive and challenging-every day there is a new puzzle but there is a huge archive of previous puzzles to access. Really great value for so many puzzles."

Squeaker's comments:
I liked the iPhone version a lot. Hugely tempted to get it again for big screen.

iPhone version game thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=15954
07-22-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm glad it's got an iPad version as well. But before I spend $5 I want to know if it does that screwy collapse of rows and columns that the iPhone version does. Makes playing it very annoying. I didn't purchase that version because of it after trying the lite version.

Hopefully the iPad version eliminates the need for that as there is much more screen real estate. The description says no zooming required. I'm hoping that is what he means.

07-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Also, are the puzzles all unlocked at once, or do you have to go through the really easy ones to get to the interesting ones?
07-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Hands down the best Picross application for the iPhone - although Color Cross can be pretty fun.

I wish I did these puzzles more often - still - this will go on my wishlist, because the iPhone game is so much better than all the others I have looked at.

Best of luck with the game!

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
07-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post
Also, are the puzzles all unlocked at once, or do you have to go through the really easy ones to get to the interesting ones?
Just checked on my iPhone version - so it's not the iPad version - but I don't think that they would change this- ALL the puzzles on the iPhone version are accessible at any time (you might have to go through, or at least skip a tutorial - I can't remember) - but there are no locked puzzles - I think you will enjoy it!

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
07-22-2010, 06:56 PM
I love these games. My DS has the 3d picross in it now. By far my GOTY over every platformer so far.

I will keep my eye on this one. Maybe we will see a sale come since its new? Here's to hoping!
07-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Answers to a few questions

Thanks everyone for the great feedback on Pixelogic. I can answer a few of the questions. On the iPad version, there is no zooming, since the iPad screen provides enough room for up the the 20x20 puzzles. Also, all puzzles of all sizes are playable right away, no unlocking. This includes all past featured daily puzzles, which are over 300 at this point.

I also plan on bringing larger puzzles sizes to the iPad version (25x25). This will be included in a free update in the future.

Please let me know how you like the game.

Joel
Pixelogic Developer
07-22-2010, 08:00 PM
This is a must-get. The iPhone version was beautifully presented, but I wasn't a fan of the collapsing grid. Now I can have my cake and it eat it too. Not to mention it is the only Picross-style game I know of that is iPad native. Win.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
07-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Universal?

Any plans to create a universal version?
07-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missalexis View Post
Any plans to create a universal version?
There are no plans for a universal version at this time. While the iPhone version supports only up to 20x20, I plan on the iPad version having support for 25x25 and larger puzzles in the future. The two games are similar now features-wise, but they will diverge soon, so it made sense to make them two separate apps.