★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Chronicles of Mystery is a game created especially for iPhone, combining features of classic point and click adventure, logic games and hidden object games.

DISCOVER SECRETS OF THE DARK AGES

Sylvie, a young archaeologist, is about to begin the greatest adventure of her life. Having received an invitation to France from her uncle, a reknowned historian, she arrives there only to discover he went missing. Apparently, it is connected to the recent discovery of a mysterious underground chapel from the times of the Crusades, but how? And who tries to stop Sylvie from unveiling the truth? Save your uncle and be the first to discover the long forgotten secrets of the famed Knights Hospitaller order!

CHARACTERISTICS OF THE GAME:

An intriguing plot with unexpected twists and secrets
50 fully rendered locations
14 intense and demanding mini-games
An excellent mix of hidden object and an adventure game
A special game mode Hidden World allowing you to play classic hidden object levels

goiMot's comments:

07-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Going to give this one a try!

Wow! The trailer looks cool! My wife loves those kinds of games - we have quite a few on our laptop. I might just have to take a chance and get this one as a surprise for her!

From the info on iTunes, this is the only game available from City Interactive. I wonder if it's their first game for the iPhone platform. If it is, great freshman effort!

OK, enough hesitation. Downloading now. She's going to enjoy this a lot, and I think I will too. I'll post some impressions this weekend some time.

BTW, thanks for all the heads-up you post on the forum goiMot. You're a wonderful source of information, and I really appreciate the work you do. I've found tons of cool stuff thanks to you!

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !

Last edited by quebecotr; 07-22-2010 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Added some info.

07-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Looks like my type of game.
07-22-2010, 10:42 PM
I hope they make an ipad version. I like these type of puzzle games, but I like the puzzle part more than the adventure part. I would love some impressions.
07-22-2010, 11:22 PM
07-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Would love to hear some impressions if you have the time, quebecotr.

I enjoy hidden object games on my Mac, but I find them painful to play on the tiny iPhone screen. The puzzles in this one look tempting, though. Hmm.
07-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Hope to play Friday and Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
Would love to hear some impressions if you have the time, quebecotr.

I enjoy hidden object games on my Mac, but I find them painful to play on the tiny iPhone screen. The puzzles in this one look tempting, though. Hmm.
That's been my experience, too. Playing on an iPad helps, but not always. Depends on the game. This one seemed to have an interesting mix of elements, so I couldn't resist. I'll try to post impressions tomorrow or Saturday.

Guy

07-23-2010, 04:08 AM
This looks really interesting! If impressions are good, I think I will take the plunge

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh
07-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Played for a while today. This is quite good so far. It starts out by easing you into the hidden object game genre (are there still people who aren't familiar with it ?), and proceeds from there. The story is good, and the art work is quite nicely done.

It looks great on the iPad, and it has a zoom function, so it should be okay on the iPhone. If you are a fan of Hidden Object and Puzzle games (and I am), you will enjoy this. I thought it was worth the three dollars.

07-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the thoughts, Guy. I don't own an iPad, but it sounds as though this is worth picking up regardless.

Cheers!