★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Kevin Weil
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 3.3 MB
  • Version: 1.11
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Need a quick fix of iPhone gaming?
Try Boxtastrophe! It is an addictive tilt and touch based action game with an old school feel.

It downloads and starts up in seconds, and takes just minutes to play.

Simply tilt the device to evade enemies and tap them to work towards your screen-clearing power up.

Some enemies require more than one tap to become "tapped". They will become grayed out when they've been "tapped".

Make sure you don't fall off the edge!

Survive as long as you can and good luck beating your high score!

Art Design : Angela Carreiro
Game Development/Design : Kevin Weil

KevinWeil's comments:
I'm happy to announce that Boxtastrophe has just been added to the App Store! Its a tilt and tap based action arcade game that you can download and start playing in seconds. This extremely addictive top down survival game will leave you with that great old school feeling of accomplishment along with the frustration of trying to beat your high score.

The objective is very simple. You play as the yellow square. Tilt your device to move the square around the screen being careful to not fall into the blue area. You'll also want to move out of the way when any of those red squares start moving your way. Tapping the red squares will make them smaller and decrease your "Tap to Clear Screen" counter but be careful, they're still deadly even when small!

See how long you can survive and try beating your high score!

Enjoy the game! Any suggestions or comments can be PMed here!

Reviews are greatly appreciated!
07-23-2010, 02:02 PM

Welcome to TA

Twitter: @niezam - Game Center: niezam
07-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Thank You! That definitely does a better job than my post.

I appreciate it.