★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New Blue Attack high score!

03-02-2009, 11:23 PM
New Blue Attack high score!

Congratulations go out to ORGNLDAVE tonight, setting the Blue Attack "infinite" mode high score of 8,392,113 resources!

Considering that the upgrade path dries out just short of 5,000,000, I'm surprised he lasted that long...

especially since I'm the developer, and I can't get more than 1.4 million!

kudos, and good luck to anyone who thinks they can beat that.

Developer, Cat in a Box Games!
Blue Defense: Second Wave! - $2.99
Blue Attack! - $1.99

Fastar! - $1.99
Red Conquest! - $0.99
03-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakooistra View Post
Congratulations go out to ORGNLDAVE tonight, setting the Blue Attack "infinite" mode high score of 8,392,113 resources!

Considering that the upgrade path dries out just short of 5,000,000, I'm surprised he lasted that long...

especially since I'm the developer, and I can't get more than 1.4 million!

kudos, and good luck to anyone who thinks they can beat that.
haha once I buy it ill give it a ago

no money b/c of the infamous speeding ticket ive told everyone about

03-02-2009, 11:41 PM
This guy is crazy. I find it hard to get 2 million.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
03-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Considering the fact I can't get half a million, I think he did pretty darm good
03-03-2009, 12:20 AM
well gosh everyone, thanks
it was frickin HARD
but I just *HAD* to beat Toshi@JP
I was so proud last time I bested him...then he comes back with 7.45 million?

Hehe. 8.39 million. Take that sucker! Whoever you are! Bested by almost a million.

by the way, Mr. Dev, I did it by figuring some information out about how waves were structured (what the source of the seed values you used was) and manipulating the waves to my advantage...at least, I think I did! maybe I'm wrong, maybe you don't use 3 general infinite scenarios (that have to do with difficulty vs. pay ramping), plus player action/ship upgrade status as seed data for random generation... but my score looks pretty good up there...

#1 tip: 10x multipliers come before ALL ELSE for the first 4 million or so, except, that is, for losing wingmen. I think I only lost like 20 wingmen that whole game. each wingman is 15,000 off your score while the difficulty continues to climb...the speed boost is used just as often to save my wingmens' butts by the end as it is to get to enemies before they blow the carrier...

basically I did a speed run where I ran a few throw-away games until I found I was getting really ahead of the curve in upgrades (gun power vs. enemy strength), that got me to about 5 million a good bit below point on the difficulty ramp that I'm usually at at that score...then I went with it as hard as I could

also I downgraded acceleration to 1 by the end. lol. too hard to be pinpoint accurate with it any higher, and get those last-second kills that save the carrier

also knowing every move of every sub-wave at every point of the difficulty curve so that simply seeing the dots appear on the edge of your screen tells you what you're up against, and the optimal way to get multipliers during each wave, is helpful...

I swear I'm not obsessed or anything...lmfao

Last edited by writingsama; 03-03-2009 at 12:30 AM.
03-03-2009, 12:31 AM
Looks like Campaign scores are stagnant forever with the peak being reached. My no.2 score is still standing!
03-03-2009, 03:22 AM
Wow I love this game sooo much and yet suck at it sooo much!! What gives?
03-03-2009, 03:28 AM
what gives is I'm a software developer and got inside the dev's head....or I think I did, at least.

but also I'm disabled and can only play in touch mode with one hand so *shrug*