App description: Love old school classic 3d shooters? Doomsday: Hellraiser HD for you!

Youtube trailer: http://bit.ly/doomsday-trailer

Doomsday: Hellraiser HD based on community project Freedoom and source code of Doom Classic. Freedoom resources is adapted to iPhone and iPod Touches, you will have more weapons, items and power-ups. All our work will be contributed back to the community.

Features:
- 36 level (4 secret levels)
- 9 weapons: Fist, Pistol, Shotgun, Chaingun, Rocket Launcher, Plasma Gun, Circular saw, Super Shotgun, BFG
- Ability to add friendly dogs who will help fight monsters (go to Options)
- Multiplayer over WiFi: cooperative and deathmatch
- Customizable controls
- 11 amazing soundtracks
- Powered by Doom engine (id Tech 1 engine)
- Special enemy: drunk sailor
- Fling Compatible (http://tenonedesign.com/fling.php)

iPhone version also available: http://bit.ly/doomsday-iphone
07-23-2010, 07:54 PM
#2
Hmm... I wonder where the graphics and UI came from...

07-23-2010, 09:19 PM
#3
Just bought this due to being a huge doom fan, the controls put games like nova to shame, in fact i've been playing the iPhone official doom game on iPad and this is very similar in feel, but with the added bonus of full screen play.

All monsters and levels are different to official game, framerate is crisp, and the controls are easy. I just wish ID would make the iPhone app universal.... Or better yet

Doom 2 HD ^_^

But, until then, this kicks ass...
07-23-2010, 10:47 PM
#4
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 819
I sure hope the developer shows up. Doom 2 before Id. Got theirs out.

I bet John C is not happy.

Developer any chance to do the same for Heretic ?
07-24-2010, 12:46 AM
#5
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 819
I had to buy this game. all I can is it's a lot of fun and the controls work Great. It's basically Doom 2 with new characters which in it self adds a new twist that works well. Great job developers.
07-24-2010, 01:39 AM
#6
Hey I have this game. its nice game. Its graphics was very nice but I dont like its control method seems like its extraordinarily bad.

[url=http://www.ocean-florida.co.uk/fly-drive-holidays.aspx]florida fly drive holidays[/url]
07-24-2010, 06:29 AM
#7
Hello Please, remove the youtube video, it's not our game in trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
Hmm... I wonder where the graphics and UI came from...
We modify source code from ID Sofware and PrBoom project. Graphics from our designer. Sprites, levels and textures from FreeDoom project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartbomb View Post
Just bought this due to being a huge doom fan, the controls put games like nova to shame, in fact i've been playing the iPhone official doom game on iPad and this is very similar in feel, but with the added bonus of full screen play.

All monsters and levels are different to official game, framerate is crisp, and the controls are easy. I just wish ID would make the iPhone app universal.... Or better yet

Doom 2 HD ^_^

But, until then, this kicks ass...
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad View Post
I sure hope the developer shows up. Doom 2 before Id. Got theirs out.

I bet John C is not happy.

Developer any chance to do the same for Heretic ?
Heretic? Maybe, but it more complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobred12 View Post
Hey I have this game. its nice game. Its graphics was very nice but I dont like its control method seems like its extraordinarily bad.
What's problem with controls? You can customize as you like in "Options" screen, you can even move sticks and buttons on screen.

Last edited by Gennadiy Potapov; 07-25-2010 at 01:52 AM.
07-24-2010, 11:55 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad View Post
I sure hope the developer shows up. Doom 2 before Id. Got theirs out.

I bet John C is not happy.

Developer any chance to do the same for Heretic ?
Why would John not be happy? When he did Doom for the iPhone he called out the fact that the source code was open-source and that as long as modders didn't use ID art assets, he thought it made a lot of sense for people to do their own doom-based games for the iPhone. It seemed to me that he was encouraging this.
07-25-2010, 08:16 AM
#9
I'm a Doom fanatic but dislike a lot controls of Doom Classic so how are the controls options here? Is the game as amazingly fast? A quality on computer version but a flaw on ipad for Doom Classic because the controls quality don't fit such speed.

I have some doubt that this app will live long, too many details rip from the original game.
07-25-2010, 08:20 AM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gennadiy Potapov View Post
We modify source code from ID Sofware and PrBoom project. Graphics from our designer. Sprites, levels and textures from FreeDoom project.
Is really id software open source license allow take profit from a code modification of Doom source?

A key problem here is that your graphic artist didn't put much effort to not copy original graphics with only minor changes. Also it's not because id software allow free wads with modified graphics from the original game that they allow the same wads not free.