Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-23-2010, 08:54 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Fortress Wars 1.0.1 FREE for Christmas

Last edited by goiMot; 12-23-2010 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: Dev requested to change the title for :"Fortress Wars 1.0.1 FREE for Christmas". Thanks.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Banned
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Sounds interesting. Lite version?
Old 07-24-2010, 12:23 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Default Initial Impressions

I decided to TOFTT because this game resembles Crush the Castle.
The idea is pretty good: you build your castle using the available pieces that become more advanced and tough as you progress. Once your castle is ready you press Play and engage in a duel with another field gun that is trying to destroy your castle while you try to destroy his. You earn money that you can then use to buy more advanced cannon balls and soldiers. The more soldiers survive at the end of the battle - more money you make.
The game is a lot of fun actually, but needs a bit of polish. I encountered some minor lag, sound glitches, there seems to be an invisible border around some pieces. One column leaned against the wall when it was knocked down, but it wasn't touching the wall. Potentially this game can be 10/10, but it needs some work. It is still worth $0.99 for fans of Crush the Castle because various issues I mentioned are quite minor. Reason I am this critical is because I know that this game could be fantastic with some work.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:18 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Hi people, we are glad to see our game somewhere on the web, hehe. You are really fast to post it here, it has been released just yesterday!
That is a really good review eugekava, thanks!, we are hoping to get more feedback and make decisions about future updates, fixes, etc. If someone with good will wants to try the game, you can email us at support@angrybugs.com.
A Lite version is on its way, just making some adjustments right now.
Maybe there are some little issues we couldnŽt see, we hope people will point us to them and gladly will get rid of them.

We are only 2 guys from Argentina making this, so despite all odds we managed to reach this point and are quite excited to continue improving everything we can.
Thanks for all and if someone needs support, remember support@angrybugs.com.
Cheers!!
Old 07-25-2010, 03:52 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Hi, guys.
Thanks for chiming in. I am really enjoying the game. There is quite a bit of content there.
I have a question: do soldiers become tougher as they increase in rank? It seems that it is not really necessary for something to strike them directly for them to die. Often they die if the structure they are in gets a big jolt. I also noticed that the cannonball image is a bit jagged. Perhaps you can create a smoke trail to smooth the jagged edges? This is not as noticeable on wooden or light green cannonballs.
Again, I am really impressed by amount and quality of content in this game. Everyone should try it.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:43 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Well, we are glad you are enjoying it. Soldiers do become a little tougher when increasing rank, not to the point that ressisting a fall, but they can keep on their feet with some jolts caused by near explosions; we didnŽt want to exagerate this feature to keep a strategic aspect when building your fortress, so keeping safe your soldiers is a must even if they are all at the top rank.
You are right about the jagged edges of the common cannonbal, the slow rotation makes that noticeable; is a nice suggestion to make a smoke trail for that, thanks!
With some luck, Apple will review the Lite version soon, weŽll post when it goes available.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:44 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Default Fortress Wars 1.0.1 + Lite + Codes

Hi, IŽm one of the two guys that made Fortress Wars from Angry Bugs and recently we managed to get a Lite version in the appstore.
Feel free to give us some feedback and comments, we will clear your concerns.

Link to the full version:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fortress-wars/id382653322?mt=8

Last edited by AngryBugs; 12-23-2010 at 12:26 PM..
Old 12-15-2010, 02:12 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

FTMXNWKLKNX7 taken...

thanks a lot!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:54 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Wow, so many games out these days, need to bump a little this thread for people to see and use the codes!
Old 12-23-2010, 12:31 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Hi again!
IŽm here to bring you some good news!
Fortress Wars is now FREE as a christmas present! Get it now, it wonŽt stay this way forever!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fortress-wars/id382653322?mt=8

As always, we appreciate your feedback; if you find some issues, contact us here or drop us an email at support@angrybugs.com