★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Crimson Gem Saga: Atlus/IRONNOS JRPG

07-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Crimson Gem Saga: Atlus/IRONNOS JRPG

Ran into this info while looking into Nate Games' most recent RPG cellphone port Itarus. Crimson Gem Saga, a JRPG originally released on the PSP last year is coming to the iPhone. Here's what Nate Games has to say about the game:

Quote:
Coming Soon~~~

1) Game Introduce
IGN score 8.4. ‘Crimson gem saga’ to achieve an average mark of 80 in North America PSP(TM) RPG Game-Webzin.
It's an adventure fantasy to find out the Crimson gem, Wicked stone with a power of control of mind.
It will be a best gift to users enjoying JRPG style, an easy game to operation and understand.

2) Features
To re-create more and more realistic event scenes emceeing full voice over 60% of the event dialog.
No tile map graphic. A beautiful background graphic by handmade painting.
Sweeping changes of interface by user(I-phone/I-pad) characteristics.
the Greatest capacity(400MB) RPG game in AppStore with a higher-capacity visual and voice game
Playtime is over 30 hours.
A Preemptive attack battle system with tension and Critical Combo to relieve the boredom
All kinds of cute Character and a full-screen wonderful Portrait image
Here you can find the IGN review they're talking about. It should be noted that GameSpot gave the game a 5/10 rating and pretty much raked it through the coals, but in general critics have given it an average of 7.9/10, which is not too shabby.

Here's a gameplay trailer of the PSP version.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Nate Games has not given a release date or price (thought the PSP version still sells for $29.99 on PSN) -- hopefully it will be out soon. The App Store needs more turn-based RPGs, and Crimson Gem Saga seems to poised to deliver the goods.

Last edited by squarezero; 07-23-2010 at 08:56 PM.
07-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
To be honest, it does look boring... But the more turn based the better!

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo

07-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Never played the PSP version. Let's just hope it's better translated than Itarus...
07-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Atlus... me like.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
07-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmn02102 View Post
Never played the PSP version. Let's just hope it's better translated than Itarus...
The translation on Itarus is actually not horrible -- certainly not the worst I've seen on korean ARPG port. In any event, Crimsom Gem Saga has already been translated into English (including recorded dialogue).
07-23-2010, 09:38 PM
this looks good especially for a turn-based RPG lover like me
i hope it will be released soon and it will be well ported to the iDevice

WTF= What the F*ck!
FTW=F*ck the What?
07-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
Atlus... me like.
Awesome. Atlus usually does not disappoint. Example: Etrian Oddessy.

Openfeint ID/Plus+/AC2 MP: Bahgett
Gamecenter: Hamburger Time
07-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosatm View Post
Awesome. Atlus usually does not disappoint. Example: Etrian Oddessy.
I was actually thinking of the Shin Megami Tensei series and spinoffs, but that too.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
07-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Atlus = instant buy!
07-24-2010, 12:11 AM
The psp game was decent, not a bad little romp. Now remember, Atlus is also a publisher, not all of their titles are developed in house. I learned the hard way that atlus should not equate inset-buy, unless it is just to support an awesome company that has produced both quality and extra generic games.
SMT is awesome. Most of their games are awesome. This one will be excellent to have available on idevices.

Hope the price scales along with the console.