★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Amative Rush

03-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Amative Rush

I like the look of this game. Bright and colorful. Looks as though it could be simple. Anyone know anything about this one or played it before?
03-03-2009, 12:31 AM
It looks cute
03-03-2009, 01:33 AM
Sorry, but one off the wall game is all I TOFTT per night I would be curious myself about this one, though. The graphics look good, so it's just a matter of how the game plays.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
03-03-2009, 01:58 AM
I downloaded the game.

It's a reflex game.

You touch the screen to make the character (Peter) jumps. You can touch and hold to make Peter jump higher.

You can also tilt to make Peter run faster or slower.

You have to avoid various obstacles (birds and stuffs that Vincent throws)

If you hit an obstacle, you lose some HP. Eva sometime will throw you a heart icon that, if you catch, will restore some HP.

After a while, the car will stop moving; you see some dialog; then you move on to next stage.

- Cute graphics.
- It can be relaxing (or stressing; if you lose all HP you have to restart the stage).
- Sound is quite decent.

- Too repetitive. I only at stage 3 but it's the same thing over and over again (just getting harder every time). The dialog shown in the screenshot is also what you get for every stage. So, it's always the same (not sure if there will be something different on the last one).
- No music.
- Only 1 save slot.

To buy or not to buy:
If you don't expect much, I think it's fine for a buck. The game is very simple so it may appeal to casual players and those who usually won't play game.

But, don't expect much replayability. I actually stop at stage 3. Those who curious may try to finish all the 20 stages just to see what's at the end. I don't find myself to have any interest to do that.

Also the game is not easy because you have to tilt and time the jump. If you are not into reflex game then this game is not for you. It may get you frustrated because you have to keep repeating the stages.