★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Get ready to unleash a furry of ammunition with the flick of a finger. Block Blaster is a space age Shoot'Em Up inspired by some of the classics but with a multi-touch flavor. Navigate a spaceship through a labyrinth of blocks, blasting anything that gets in your way. Target bad guys by swiping your finger, then let the missiles do the rest. Access your inventory of weapons at anytime and load them in to different firing configurations. Weapons can be purchased, upgraded or sold. Collect coins by destroying your enemies and use them to either purchase more ammo or to buy new weapons at the end of the level. There are lots of weapons to choose from, fully loaded they can do a lot of damage.
07-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
Hey, this looks pretty interesting. And free? Cool. I guess I'll grab it, although I think Block Blaster doesn't really seem to fit the game...
Yeah, I thought it was going to be some sort of matching game with blocks or something when I saw the name.

Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
07-27-2010, 11:57 PM
Thanks for posting a link to block blaster. I made the game and I appreciate any exposure.

This is my first game so please let me know if you have any ideas for how I can make it better. And please leave me 5 stars and a comment if you get a chance...

btw I know that block blaster is a pretty cheesy name.

07-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Just downloaded. Looks like fun!
07-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Just dowloaded it and seems like it could be a funny game, but I had to stop after a couple of min, it's seems kinda buggy atm.

The tutorial text covers to much of the screen so it's hard to see whats happening but that wasn't the biggest problem. For me running this game on 3g ipod touch it kept jumping to the pause screen all the time and I wasn't close to the menu button.
07-28-2010, 06:24 PM
thanks for the comments. the game pauses whenever you lift your finger off the joypad. I know the tutorial needs a bit of work.