★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What do you guys want to see as a new game?

07-26-2010, 02:40 PM
#1
Joined: May 2010
Location: Kanata, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5
What do you guys want to see as a new game?

Hey guys,

I'm an iPhone developer, and GlitchSoft (the company I work for) has recently just released their first iPhone game, BarStar (http://www.barstargame.com/). However, we want to start making our second game, but we don't know what we want to make. We were thinking of leaning more towards a "turn based strategy game" (i.e. Jagged Alliance and Fallout) rather than "time management" (i.e. BarStar, Diner Dash).

Since YOU guys are the ones who will be playing the game, what kind of games (themes, genres) do you want to see?

Let us know, we're opened to any suggestions!

Thanks!
07-26-2010, 02:49 PM
#2
Joined: May 2009
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 5,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaseoc View Post
Hey guys,

I'm an iPhone developer, and GlitchSoft (the company I work for) has recently just released their first iPhone game, BarStar (http://www.barstargame.com/). However, we want to start making our second game, but we don't know what we want to make. We were thinking of leaning more towards a "turn based strategy game" (i.e. Jagged Alliance and Fallout) rather than "time management" (i.e. BarStar, Diner Dash).

Since YOU guys are the ones who will be playing the game, what kind of games (themes, genres) do you want to see?

Let us know, we're opened to any suggestions!

Thanks!
I'm all for the Fallout 1/2 idea. I've been dying for a game like that since July of '08.

07-26-2010, 08:47 PM
#3
I'm a big fan of Fallout 1!


richmlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
I'm all for the Fallout 1/2 idea. I've been dying for a game like that since July of '08.

richmlow

iPhone 4S, 32GB, iOS 6.1.3
Beta-tester for Archon, Archon: Conquest, Robot Master, Samurai, Shadow Era, Wriggle.
07-26-2010, 08:53 PM
#4
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: English Roundabout
Posts: 890
Jagged Alliance 2 and the Fallout series are definitely some of best games ever produced. Something like that would be excellent - especially if it were to take place in an early cyberpunk setting.

Check out my band HEAVY JACK - SOME FREE MUSIC FOR DOWNLOAD

How can you live on the banks of a river when the floodwater pours from the mouth?
- Paul Simon
07-26-2010, 11:34 PM
#5
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 814
some retro rpg will be great
07-27-2010, 12:10 AM
#6
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Where the Grass is Green and the Girls are Pretty
Posts: 2,740
The iPhone is begging for a Super Smash Bros-esque game.

Gamecenter: Will090
07-27-2010, 12:16 AM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will090 View Post
The iPhone is begging for a Super Smash Bros-esque game.
I have a whole game document written about this. I would love to help with this/give ideas.

The Life Blog
Minecraft
07-27-2010, 12:38 AM
#8
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: 11th dimension
Posts: 1,265
Something with...I dunno..unique gamplay..I think that's key...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGameLover1 View Post
Um, to work it out, you need a chick for that.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo View Post
heh heh, not necessarily....
07-27-2010, 01:40 AM
#9
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 595
I would vote for a fire emblem-ish game.
07-27-2010, 04:47 AM
#10
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,291
+1 for Fire Emblem-like game.

'A delayed game is bad for now, but a bad game is bad forever' - Shigeru Miyamoto