★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Aki's Playware
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 6.2 MB
  • Version: 2.6.1
  • Price: $3.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Clear the board by combining and reducing color tiles and learn about color addition and subtraction while you play.

As with any great casual game, Tesserae HD is simple to learn, but a challenge to master. Tesserae HD improves on the original, with larger tiles on an even larger 9x14 board with 6 different board shapes and 3 levels of tile layout, allowing you to start easy and work up 18 levels of difficulty. With such versatile play and random tile layouts, the fun never ends.

Tesserae HD includes instructions, choice of board and layout, sound option and, best of all, the ability to undo your last move; just as you realize the move you should have made.

Tesserae has been played and loved on the Mac, Game Boy, Sega and PC for twenty years. Now, Tesserae comes to the iPad with a great rendition you are sure to enjoy!

NEW: Tesserae HD now supports Game Center LeaderBoards, Achievements and social networking. Complete Novice, Apprentice and Master levels for Trophies and compete for top scores.

If you enjoy Tesserae HD, please write a review. If not, or if you'd like to offer a suggestion, please contact us. We'd love to hear from you!

Qordobo's comments:
Well I haven't played it but I remember to have played a lot the Mac game from which this one is probably ported.

If dev are going to port Mac games from the beginning of 90's (in fact the original is a PC game but this Tesserae is coming from the Mac game) I suggest a remake (more than a port) of Citadel: Adventure of The Crystal Keep.
07-26-2010, 03:46 PM
This definitely looks the same as the Mac game. I actually remember beta testing the Mac game way back when. There are probably lots of great older games that could be easily ported to the iPad. The ones that I would most like to see iPad versions of are the Mission Thunderbolt games (great SF Rogue-like games) and Escape Velocity: Nova.

There already seem to be ports of Myst and Sim City, two of the most successful games ever to be released first on the Mac. Well, only iPhone ports so far, but at least there is a Sim City game coming this fall for the iPad.

07-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Grab it while you can for free as it is a great game...but one bit of warning, OF is broken in this release.

The dev is aware of the problem and I think a fix has already been submitted.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Awesome, thanks for pointing the sale out. Downloading.

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
07-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
Update 2.1.1 is out:

What's new

OpenFeint update. If OpenFeint doesn't start automatically, select New Game. Wait for OpenFeint to start before tapping the OpenFeint button. This will be fixed in the next update. Thank you for your patience.
At first I was afraid it was still broken, but I guess the only remaining issue is that the game doesn't make a point to initialize OF before the game starts, which while it can cause issues, is nice for those who just want to play their game ASAP without waiting for all of that OF nonsense.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-31-2010, 10:54 AM
Great puzzle I'm amazed how it work well for my periodic casual puzzle, love play it into bed.

I wonder one thing, in my memory, perhaps my imagination, the Mac version from which it's been ported was looking a lot better. Is anybody remember?

Could be because it was full screen, and the background choose for this version is well, not elegant, something much more dark would have been better, probably.
08-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Tesserae HD includes instructions, choice of board and layout,sound option and,best of all, the ability to undo your last move; just as you realize the move you should have made.This definitely looks the same as the Mac game.I actually remember beta testing the Mac game way back when.It includes instructions,choice of board and layout, sound option and,best of all, the ability to undo your last move just as you realize the move you should have made.