★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Art Thief HD

07-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Art Thief HD

Remixed edition of the original Art Thief stealth game. Improved gameplay, graphics and a considerably better looking thief.
  • Hunt for the greatest works of art in history. Play and learn at the same time.
  • 6 huge museums to explore, all with different thematic graphics. Find and steal Leonardo da Vinci's greatest works at the Louvre.
  • Original stealth gameplay. Avoid detection, take cover behind objects, sneak upon guards and take them out. Hunt for keycards that activate or disable sections of the museum.
  • Outthink the complex security systems. Beam lasers, laser grids, side lasers, security droids, guards and more.
  • Smooth 60fps scrolling with detailed animation, rendered graphics and a full dynamic classical soundtrack.
  • Time challenge leaderboards for each museum including multiple achievements.
  • An iPad exclusive title.

From the Museum selection screen. Picasso's African (black/noir) period.

The updated UI. The thief hid behind a statue, knocked out a security guard and found a keycard, but time is running out.

Gameplay preview (Van Gogh level):

Follow on Twitter for Promo Codes and News!

Last edited by karlth; 10-21-2010 at 08:46 PM.
08-11-2010, 08:09 PM
New screenshot. This is from the level selection screen. It includes a museum view of the artist's paintings.

08-11-2010, 09:53 PM
is there a detailed description of the game that can be read ?

The game looks interesting but the lack of detail regarding game play leave me a bit hesitant .
08-11-2010, 09:55 PM
The artwork is terrific but I'm not familiar with the stealth game you are referring to. Has development just began or was this submitted? Do you have a gameplay video?

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
08-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_TO View Post
is there a detailed description of the game that can be read ?

The game looks interesting but the lack of detail regarding game play leave me a bit hesitant .
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
The artwork is terrific but I'm not familiar with the stealth game you are referring to. Has development just began or was this submitted? Do you have a gameplay video?
The game came out for iPhone a pretty long while back. The original thread with video, comments etc is here... Definitely worth checking out.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
08-12-2010, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
It is in development and will be for a few weeks more. I'll post regular information in this thread until then.

08-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
The game came out for iPhone a pretty long while back. The original thread with video, comments etc is here... Definitely worth checking out.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlth View Post
It is in development and will be for a few weeks more. I'll post regular information in this thread until then.
Will wait patiently

08-19-2010, 07:09 PM

Van Gogh's portrait of "Camille Roulin"

Every painting is displayed at around 128 x 128 pixels in the game but as it is stored at 256 x 256 pixels it can be zoomed to that size by clicking on it during the game. A necessary feature to ensure you are stealing a Monet and not a Picasso.

A large render of the art thief. During the game she is animated at around 100 x 200 pixels which means the animation can be fairly detailed.

08-19-2010, 07:20 PM
Awesome! Love the graphics. Any gameplay video?

10-06-2010, 04:36 AM
Screenshots added.