★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: MOXIE 2nd ANNIVERSARY! Help us celebrate by trying the free version today! Now with GORGEOUS HD GRAPHICS for devices with Retina displays!

"Moxie 2 brings fun back to word games in a refreshing way that will keep you coming back." - AppVersity.com

"An extremely satisfying word game." - Casual Gameplay

Moxie 2 is the sequel to the most ORIGINAL word game on the App Store. It's easy to learn but very challenging to master.

Over 300,000 Moxie games have been downloaded and over 10,000,000 games have been played.

--------------------
HOW TO PLAY MOXIE 2
--------------------
You start with a hand of 64 letters that you go through "Solitaire" style. Place each letter on the board or "Pass". If you "Pass" you can't go back to that letter.

You score points by:

1. Making unique words with the letters

2. Transforming your words into other words by adding and replacing letters. For example: "TIN" becomes "TINE" which becomes "TILE" which becomes "TILED" and so on.

3. Spelling special "Moxie words" for bonus points

Once you spell a word and start transforming it into other words, don't break the word chain! That's a "Twaddle" and you'll lose points.

There's no time limit and while it helps to know a lot of words, Moxie will more greatly reward those who like to think strategically.
--------------------

FEATURES
- Daily Challenge
- HD graphics support for Retina displays
- Pick up right where you left off
- Short tutorial video (no internet required)
- Ergonomic design
- Relaxing and refreshing gameplay
- Wholesome

WHAT'S NEW IN MOXIE 2?
- Daily Challenge mode with a new puzzle each day
- Make 6 letter words
- 64 turns per game
- 6 letter Moxie Words score 500 points
- Screen showing how many of each letter remain

blue ox's comments:

Hi everyone!

I'm the developer of Moxie 2 and I just want to let you know that you can now try our word transformation game for free!

Our classic Moxie game has been downloaded over 200,000 times and has received tons of great reviews in the press. Moxie 2 expands on the classic game and makes it even better.

I'm happy to answer any questions...

Share and enjoy,
07-27-2010, 09:00 PM
For some reason it seems like screen shots of our app (Moxie 2: Free Edition) are not appearing in the App Store when I view the app listing on my iDevice. I've tried 2 different devices.

Could someone confirm if this is happening so I can determine if it's just a problem with my network?

I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Christopher York
Blue Ox Technologies Ltd.

07-28-2010, 05:39 AM
Yeah i'm not getting screenshots either. Downloading the game now though
07-28-2010, 06:21 AM
Thanks for letting me know. I'm going to try re-uploading my screen shots and contacting Apple when they open this morning.

It seems like the screen shots are missing from many of the new apps on the store ... strange!

P.S. I hope you like the game.

Share and enjoy,

Christopher York
07-28-2010, 07:56 AM
what are the differences with the full version?
07-28-2010, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the lion View Post
what are the differences with the full version?
Hi sam the lion,

The FREE version is a fun and complete game that gives you a great taste of the Moxie experience.

Benefits to upgrade to the FULL version:

1. full version has 4 classic freestyle game modes that are not in the free version. the free version will let you play only the Daily Challenge

2. full version has an "UNDO" feature

3. full version has a personal high score board

4. full version allows you to submit your scores to the global high score board

5. full version has a "color chooser" to let you customize the color of the words you make

6. full version does not have any advertising. the free version has some unobtrusive advertising between games to encourage upgrading

I hope this helps. Try the free version. I bet you'll like it!

Share and enjoy,

Christopher York
07-28-2010, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue ox View Post
For some reason it seems like screen shots of our app (Moxie 2: Free Edition) are not appearing in the App Store when I view the app listing on my iDevice. I've tried 2 different devices.

Could someone confirm if this is happening so I can determine if it's just a problem with my network?

I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
I spoke with Apple this morning and it seems like many games that were released yesterday are experiencing this same phenomenon. Oh well...

Christopher York