★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SEGA
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 7.0 MB
  • Version: 2.0.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (1)
App description: Lead your warriors against the Runefaust evil forces to protect your country and the Shining Force in this classic RPG tale

In this classic RPG tale, legendary warriors of the light valiantly drove Dark Dragon and his hostile army into another dimension. However, after centuries of peace, the evil has returned. As a young swordsman, lead your band of warriors against the dark forces of Runefaust and bring peace back to the land of Rune. The fate of the world depends on you!
FEATURES
- Select from 29 unique characters to form your team of 11.
- Explore eight intriguing chapters and fight in 30 turn-based strategy battles.
- Defeat 43 monsters and 10 fearsome bosses.
- Find or buy 34 weapons, equip seven magical rings, collect items and cast 32 magical spells.
- Unlock two secret costumes for the MAGE characters Tao and Anri.
- Play either the US or Japanese version of the game by switching your devices language
- Ecco the Dolphin
- Space Harrier II
- Football Manager Handheld 2010
- Super Monkey Ball 2
- Super Monkey Ball 2: Sakura Edition for iPad
- Super Monkey Ball
- Golden Axe
- Streets of Rage
- Columns Deluxe

FOLLOW US at
twitter.com/sega
facebook.com/sega

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Intl Version : http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/shining-force-international/id382289781?mt=8

TA Preview : http://toucharcade.com/2010/07/27/se...this-thursday/
07-28-2010, 05:06 AM
Darn! I "blame" myself bying Trism last night...I could have used this US$2.99 here..

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)

07-28-2010, 05:09 AM
Sega?

Gamecenter: italodance / PSN: italodancemp3

iOS MFi Controller: MOGA Ace Power
07-28-2010, 05:37 AM
Another bad emulation from Sega ? no way !
07-28-2010, 05:45 AM
Hah, people would be going crazy over this if it wasn't Sega and their bad emulator.

'A delayed game is bad for now, but a bad game is bad forever' - Shigeru Miyamoto
07-28-2010, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduku View Post
Hah, people would be going crazy over this if it wasn't Sega and their bad emulator.
Well its not a game that requires quick reflexes so its probably far more playeble than the other sega games
07-28-2010, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack111 View Post
Well its not a game that requires quick reflexes so its probably far more playeble than the other sega games
I recall a review yesterday says the same so.

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
07-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Please don't support Sega with their a****le policy of bringing out there back catalog without ANY effort.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
07-28-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
Please don't support Sega with their a****le policy of bringing out there back catalog without ANY effort.
Well the counter argument is if they make $$ off this game, they may spend more $$ on developing future games. Didn't that happen with Square after FF came out?

(of course, I could be completely wrong. SEGA's been very very slack of late)
07-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
Please do buy it so that they will port other rpgs to like phantasy star 2 and 4