App description: AS SEEN ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TOUCH ARCADE (4th AUGUST 2010)!!!

"Max Vector feels like a retro game, not just a game with a retro feel."

This is 8-Bit as you've never seen or heard before!

The evil robot warlord Z-80 has stolen the world's high definition.

It's up to Max Vector and his trusty C64 Type R spaceship to destroy Z-80 and restore resolution!

Will Max be able to rescue the world's HD? Will he finally be able to see his wife Berta's true beauty?

That's up to you!

Take the controls in

Max Vector: Resolution!

Max Vector: Resolution brings the true 8-bit arcade experience to your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.

Featuring classic side-scrolling shoot'em up gameplay, hoards of merciless enemies and epic boss battles, Max Vector: Resolution is the ultimate in addictive retro gaming.

Relive the days of classic systems such as the Atari 2600 (VCS), Intellivision and Commodore 64, only this time with the addition of a few upgrades.

Featuring a thumping chiptune soundtrack by 8 Bit Weapon (www.8bitweapon.com)

Max Vector: Resolution is the definitive classic shooter for the iPhone.

How to play:

To move, touch rear of spaceship and guide with finger/thumb.

To fire, press red fire button.

PLEASE NOTE: iPhone 3GS/iPod Touch 3G and above recommended to play current version.

POLYGAMe's comments:
Hi guys and gals,

POLYGAMe d i g i t a l ' s new 2D side-scrolling shooter "Max Vector : Resolution" is now available in the App Store.

Max Vector is inspired by the videogame consoles of the late 70s to early 80s. It's frantic and addictive and is sure to overwhelm you with warm, fuzzy childhood memories... unless you're way too young for the early 8 Bit era... but buy it anyway, it's an awesome blast-a-thon!

Max Vector features a stunning chiptune soundtrack by 8 Bit Weapon (www.8bitweapon.com).

8 Bit as you've never seen or heard before!

Here's the trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

And the iTunes link:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/max-vector/id381923490?mt=8

Enjoy, guys and gals!
07-28-2010, 06:37 AM
Looks like could be my kind of game, graphics may be too retro for some though I fear - especially iPad owners lol.

Are there any plans for a lite version or inclusion of top score leaderboards etc?

Thanks.

07-28-2010, 06:39 AM
Looks the Biz to me....
07-28-2010, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHolliss View Post
Looks like could be my kind of game, graphics may be too retro for some though I fear - especially iPad owners lol.

Are there any plans for a lite version or inclusion of top score leaderboards etc?

Thanks.
hehe, yeah... I knew that all along... basically made it because I love retro games... next few planned are also retro themed.

I will probably do a lite version. And as for online leaderboards... well, that's not very retro... but it is planned
07-28-2010, 06:49 AM
Will it get updated with full resolution ipad support?
If so, ill buy this second, it looks awesome...

EDIT: Couldn't help myself, i got it...hopefully it looks good on iPad too...

OK, i just tried full force with it and it makes the game full screen (yay), but the game still contols in an area the size of an iPhone, but in the top right of the screen

Last edited by Eng; 07-28-2010 at 07:02 AM.
07-28-2010, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eng View Post
Will it get updated with full resolution ipad support?
If so, ill buy this second, it looks awesome...
Hey mate, that's the plan! I don't have an iPad and I am a HUGE believer in THOROUGHLY testing on the actual hardware... so until I have one it will be iPhone only but I'm hoping it won't be too long ;-)
07-28-2010, 07:01 AM
By the way... important note!

There has been a bug found recently... actually, not really a bug... but when playing, if you treat the controls like a joystick or D-Pad (IE take thumb off between movements), it can behave oddly and the ship can "jump". The game is designed so that the player "drags" the ship around the screen so for responsive controls and no unexpected "warping" just make sure you keep your thumb on little old Max's ship during gameplay
07-28-2010, 07:47 AM
PLEASE NOTE!!!!

Apple have screwed up ROYALLY. This app is supposed to only be available for 3GS and upwards but it seems it is available for all.

DO NOT BUY IF YOUR iDEVICE IS ANYTHING LESS THAN a 3GS PHONE/3RD GEN iPOD!!!!

Thanks
07-28-2010, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLYGAMe View Post
PLEASE NOTE!!!!

Apple have screwed up ROYALLY. This app is supposed to only be available for 3GS and upwards but it seems it is available for all.

DO NOT BUY IF YOUR iDEVICE IS ANYTHING LESS THAN a 3GS PHONE/3RD GEN iPOD!!!!

Thanks
You should put a note to that effect in the description. There is no way to limit the sales of an app to 3Gs and above; you can either make it iPhone only (no iPod Touch) or iPhone 4 only.

BTW, this is truly a labor of love. The opening splash screen is great, and overall the game is a nice combination of retro graphics and music with more contemporary gameplay (can't think of any 2600 shooter that had a health bar).
07-28-2010, 08:24 AM
Hmmm, why did they give me the option of limiting it to ARM7 and above only then? I'm using GameSalad to create the games, and I selected that it had "special requirements" in iTunes Connect and I have also added to the description... I just hope not too many people with older devices buy it before I get it running on older hardware!

Hehe, glad you like it... I was aiming for somewhere between a 2600 and an NES The next game is PURELY retro and features sfx, music and even a colour palette from a very special machine... will keep you posted!