★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: LIMING CHEN
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 13.1 MB
  • Version: 2.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "Save Sylva is a solid fixed path tower defense game that will drive you nuts (in a good way) because of its insane difficulty. Pick it up if youd like a challenge" ---- (4/5) 148apps.com

"'Save Sylva - TD' is challenging without all of the brutally frustrating required replays to get your build order 'perfect' making this a great game to kick back and enjoy." ---- (4/5) appspy.com

Save Sylva is a polished&challenging fixed path tower defense game.

Game Features:
- 15 distinct stages in 3 large stages.
- 7 types of towers.
- Magical/Physical towers work together to clear stages.
- unique upgrade route.
- unique assistance area with unique operation (tilt to control).
- 10 enemy types.
- Kill monster to gain exp, 2 kinds of gem to buy and upgrade towers.
- 3 difficulties.
- 3 user profiles.
- auto save game progress, game played time and last play time recording.
- great sound effect and you can play your own music while playing.
07-28-2010, 09:03 AM
wow,faster than me. thanks.

Alright, you can find the small playing video at: http://www.apptheater.com/video/1475/Save-Sylva--TD

07-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Reminds me of PixelJunk Monsters.

Invaders Must Die.
07-29-2010, 11:09 PM
TOFTT impressions:

This is actually a very nicely done TD. yes it tries to be like PJMonsters, but more visually than anything. music is different, although still of the relaxing type. towers themselves are different. you have 4 towers, 2 magic and 2 physical, each have 3 upgrade options (range/speed/damage) with 3 levels.

animations are very fluid. the game overall works very nicely and is worth the buck to me. things seem a bit cramped on my ipod however, but perfect on the ipad, where things scale quite nicely actually. 3 levels of difficulty.

oh yeah, no online stuff for those that care.
07-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Okay, bumping this thread in case this release slipped by TD fans.

This is an excellent TD with a pixeljunk monsters vibe to it. I have almost all the app store's TD's and this one is among the better ones.

Very nice animations, artwork, but more importantly pacing and upgrades are very well done with obvious skill and love for the TD genre. Very well crafted game.

Despite the unusual name, if you are a TD fan, you will be very pleased.

Oh, and there are 6 tower types, with 9 levels of upgrades along with 3 other special universal upgrades.

Last edited by Franco; 07-30-2010 at 09:40 AM.
07-30-2010, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the nice reviews

Hi araczynski and Franco, really thanks for the reviews.
Actually we are working on the next version with new maps and thinking about the endless mode as well as the leaderboard, and any advice appreciated.
I'll keep working and wish to make this game to be the one.
07-30-2010, 10:44 AM
Congratulations Clovare on one of the better TD's at the store. Your attention to detail and understanding of the genre shows in your product. The quality in your game is rare among TD apps at the store.

New maps and more features will be great and add value to an already excellent game.

Again Toucharcaders, this is an excellent looking and playing TD that should not be missed.
07-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Definitely looks very cute, but I am curious about:

Tower placement - is it drag and drop, is there an indicator/grid/etc showing where towers can be placed

Enemies - Do they come on on screen automatically or do you get to start the next wave when you are ready? Is there a pause between waves so you can build towers?

Paths - I don't see anything on the screen indicating where the entrance and exit will be. Is that shown when you start a map so players can decide where to begin building?

Assistance Ring - What is that? I see it says that it operates by tilt. Is this the only way to operate it or is there a touch option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
07-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
Definitely looks very cute, but I am curious about:

Tower placement - is it drag and drop, is there an indicator/grid/etc showing where towers can be placed

Enemies - Do they come on on screen automatically or do you get to start the next wave when you are ready? Is there a pause between waves so you can build towers?

Paths - I don't see anything on the screen indicating where the entrance and exit will be. Is that shown when you start a map so players can decide where to begin building?

Assistance Ring - What is that? I see it says that it operates by tilt. Is this the only way to operate it or is there a touch option.
Good questions Devil. This hits it on all points:
1) Drag and drop, yes to range field for placement and upgrades, trees highlight where tower will be placed
2) Waves are automatic with ability to pause (no okay I'm ready, hit the start button)
3) Pathing is clear, entrance/exit obvious due to the little house at exit
4) Have not got to the maps with assistance ring but so far game controls are all touch and intuitive

btw I'm playing on a iPad.

Last edited by Franco; 07-30-2010 at 11:17 AM.
07-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco View Post
Good questions Devil. This hits it on all points:
1) Drag and drop, yes to range field for placement and upgrades, trees highlight where tower will be placed
2) Waves are automatic with ability to pause (no okay I'm ready, hit the start button)
3) Pathing is clear, entrance/exit obvious due to the little house at exit
4) Have not got to the maps with assistance ring but so far game controls are all touch and intuitive

The assistance ring, sorry for my english, is the area (3 kinds) that can: 1)add the attack/range of your tower, 2)reduce the enemy Armor, and 3)help you to gain more gems/EXP. Only these area cover the tower/enemy will take effect, so you must tilt to move them, also there is a lock button to lock it so you need not keep tilting.

Actually all in this short video:

Youtube link | Pop Up