★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Parachute your troopers to safety with Paratrooper! Includes all 54 levels with purchase. You can win the entire game without any in-app purchases--or use the "Instant Unlock" if you get stuck and want to skip around.

Nearly half a million Paratrooper users to date!

Lean your device from side to side to adjust your troopers fall, but it's not quite as easy as it sounds to get a perfect 100 point landing. There are plenty of obstacles and challenges to play through on all 54 levels. Track your personal best scores and compete against your friends with the online global high score system.
07-29-2010, 06:09 AM
Some gameplay video would be nice!

Invaders Must Die.

09-22-2010, 12:26 AM
On Sale for 50% Off

We've just placed Kaboom's Paratrooper on sale for only $0.99 for a limited time. You can read more about the game here:
http://kaboomApps.com/Paratrooper/

Or watch this gameplay video (recorded on the Palm Pre, but the iOS version is the same):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmHm4oP8vg0

Thanks a lot for checking us out.

Sincerely,

Rob Bredow
http://kaboomApps.com/
09-22-2010, 12:29 PM
I've had this in my wishlist for ages, I like the style.

Invaders Must Die.
09-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
I've had this in my wishlist for ages, I like the style.
yah, me 2! ^^

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
09-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antony.thai View Post
yah, me 2! ^^
Good man!

Invaders Must Die.
09-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Saw this pop on appshopper last night and thought, hmm... that looks familiar, wait a minute...
I know that guy! (Hey Rob )
I didn't realize that Paratrooper was now also on iPhone/iPod.

So I quickly picked it up to check it out and report back. I'll try to be as objective as possible (but I'd also love it if you guys checked it out ).

The concept is simple. Tap the plane to launch your jumpers from the plane, tap them again to deploy the chute, tilt to avoid the obstacles and land as close to the X to maximize points. You're given a set number of troopers, and sometimes a limited number of times the plane flies over.

Kaboom's Paratrooper reminds me a little bit of Parachute Panic (the dropping from planes, and tapping to deploy the chute) , a little bit of Moon Drop (landing proximity to the target determines points), but with tilt controls to navigate.

The game has 50 levels of varying difficulty. You must pass a minimum score for each level to advance to the next one. I'm currently stuck on the 7th 'moderate' level which gives you 16 troopers to drop in only 3 plane passes, landing on the X for max score, while avoiding drowning in the lake or flying offscreen and getting 'stranded'.

Other obstacles that I've encountered are trees, electric fences (hehe, was kinda funny), tall buildings, scissors that cut the chute, and trampolines.

I haven't made it to the difficult and "impossible?" levels, so I'm not sure what's ahead.

There are leaderboards for each level that show the top 3 all time, top 3 today, and your top score. While it's good to have leaderboards, I'm used to more something a bit more robust. Maybe Game Center or OF.

Scoring goes as follows:
  • Each level starts with 100 points and loses 1 point every second
  • A perfect landing is 100
  • Landing multiple troopers in rapid succession gets a 2x bonus
  • Deploying your chute very low earns a 50 point bonus
  • Landing on trampolines with no parachute earns 100 point bonus
  • There are also 25, 50, and 100 point 'coins' on some levels

There's no BGM (which I many times disable anyway), but you can play your own from your music library.

Hmm. what else can I say... I like the artwork, the menus are clean, the touch and tilt controls are responsive, and the levels are increasingly challenging.

Again, full disclosure here... Rob is my friend. And trying to be as objective as possible, I think Kaboom's Paratrooper is a worthy purchase, especially at the $0.99 sale price.

I hope you give it a try

Last edited by cjsbug; 09-22-2010 at 05:59 PM.
09-22-2010, 05:30 PM
Yay!

Username on every gaming network I'm on: kaboom132. I have tested 21 games. Will test your game if you wish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
I think I was high when I typed that. My apologies.
09-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboom132 View Post
Yay!
This is your game!

Invaders Must Die.
09-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Thanks for posting that video. Now I get a glimpse of what coming when I finally pass this level that I'm stuck on.