★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Why all the hate on MotoChaser?

03-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Why all the hate on MotoChaser?

Why all the hate? I know it's not perfect but it's not SO bad....... really. Freeverse could just fix these bugs; tweak a few things and it'll be good. Why do you guys hate it so much?
03-03-2009, 05:08 PM
hate it i love it, one of my favorite games. they did a great job on it i dont under stand why everyone hates it either....

DinoSmash online id: *DoMbAv94* (stars included)
App reviewer on Appmania!
CarJack Streets Promo Code Giveaway!!!

03-03-2009, 05:12 PM
I don't hate it.. in fact it looks impressive, the sense of speed is good, and punching other drivers is a nice touch. However, encounters are very sparse and you only need to hit the button once to send them careening off the road, and from then on it's really just you versus the clock. That gets a little boring after a while.

I think it could have been a lot more, but at least I only paid 59p for it so there's no big loss there.

Edit: completely agree about the sloppy camera work.

Games Uncovered: The best iPhone gaming news and reviews.
03-03-2009, 05:12 PM
So much hate.
Its just a game.

Check us out in the new book 500 Things to Eat Before its too Late by James Beard Lifetime Achievment Award Winners and Authors of the Roadfood column in Gourmet Magazine, Jane and Michael Stern. This is BIG people!!
Read About us in the SJ Mercury News
03-03-2009, 05:13 PM
I say it's the controls are a bit too sensitive and that one punch is too little. Maybe diferent amounts. Really; FreeVerse just fix these things.
03-03-2009, 05:46 PM
I always liked Motochaser...it was one of the first games I bought. Of course, I also bought Crash Nitro so there's no accounting for taste
03-03-2009, 05:49 PM
I liked motochaser on the commercial, but I deleted it after about a tenth of a second. I think hate may be too strong a word.....well, maybe not

I am the managing editor of nodpad.com.

Sporting an iPod Touch 2 Gen
03-03-2009, 06:01 PM
I have to agree, I bought this a few months back after reading a description that essentially said it was a combination of Road Rash and Ridge Racer ... glad I didn't pay more than $.99 for it. The camera needs to be brought up so that you can actually see the road, too many times I'll run into a car, fall off a cliff, or ride into the grass (taking away PRECIOUS seconds) because I predicted the road wrong.

I think the hate comes from this being one of the games Apple touted as making the 2G Touch the "funnest iPod ever" instead of the "most frustrating iPod ever." I understand why they did it (not many games to choose from), but damn I think that commercial sold many people on it.
03-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
Why all the hate?
Because it sucks? Because its an atrocity committed against mankind? Because it cost 10 frickin bucks when it came out and now it costs 99 cents?

Take your choice!
03-03-2009, 08:17 PM
I love it, it's one of iPhone classics. Sure, we have many better games now, but I still like it. It reminds me of the days I just got my iPhone