★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Zombieville USA!

03-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Zombieville USA!

Hey i just got Zombieville USA and i just wannna say, ITS FRICKEN AMAZING! But it gets difficult and id like to discuss it.

whats ur records?
any good stratagies to get u far?
and funny moments u want to share?

discuss.

Super excited for Pocket Heroes!
03-03-2009, 05:11 PM
level 99....
At a special moment it starts to geht very easy

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..

03-03-2009, 05:17 PM
mind saying how u got that far?

03-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eney View Post
mind saying how u got that far?
your personal robot is AMAZING at Zombieville USA....what other explanation do you need?

I am the managing editor of nodpad.com.

Sporting an iPod Touch 2 Gen
03-03-2009, 05:27 PM
check out the main zombieville thread.

thats where i saw a few stratergies i hadn't tried and ended up going from getting to level 20 - 26 to 80's

03-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojaz View Post
check out the main zombieville thread.

thats where i saw a few stratergies i hadn't tried and ended up going from getting to level 20 - 26 to 80's
can u post a link to it im to lazy to find it myself. otherwise ill just go without knowing...

03-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Furthest I've gotten is level 29 with 790 kills.

I have to admit, I didn't really enjoy the later game so much. For me, it was all about the laser. I got into the habit of using it's ability to stun to fast-track me through to the end of the level whenever I got in trouble, where I'd buy full health once again and rinse repeat. Wasn't really that much fun.

I liked that there were a lot more zombies, but I didn't like that all the previous weapons I'd enjoyed using so much, like the minigun, had basically become useless because the health of the average zombie had ballooned so much.

My favourite time in the game is at around level 14, 15 ish, where I'm pretty much at the minigun and/or chainsaw level. I'd be happy if there were a 'conventional' version of the game where the weapons and the health of the zombies were capped at about that level, and later levels just added more and more of them.

Very good game though, and a bargain at it's current price.

Edit:

As far as strategies go, I make a point to not finish the first level unless I've got at least $250. This is pretty much always doable. I'll make the run through and then hang around at the end shooting up to (at least) that amount before I exit to level 2.

At $250 it won't take a lot going through level 2 to end up with $350 in total, which buys you the shotgun. I use the shotgun for a couple of levels, until I'm up at $500, and then buy the pistol upgrade because at that point I've generally built up a lot of pistol ammo and need to find a way to use it. That gets me to $600, which buys the machine gun.

Generally once I have both the machine gun and the shotgun, I never return to the pistol. It becomes all about using the machine gun ammo until it gets low, and then switching to the shotgun ammo I've built up in the meantime, then vice-versa.

I do find the drops in the houses can make or break the game for you. I ended up at a level in a recent game where I'd only had the normal bullet drops, no shotgun shells or machine gun bullets. Didn't last too long, but that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes...

Last edited by Ventura; 03-03-2009 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Strategies
03-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eney View Post
Hey i just got Zombieville USA and i just wannna say, ITS FRICKEN AMAZING! But it gets difficult and id like to discuss it.

whats ur records?
any good stratagies to get u far?
and funny moments u want to share?

discuss.
You get money for killing zombies, too - not just from the houses. I like to save up enough money on the first or second level and pick up the shotgun ASAP - then things start to get real fun!!!