★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: This diversified game allows you to show off your skills on various different par courses, either alone or with friends. The object of the game is to sink your ball with as little hits as possible into the hole with the white circle around it. If you are able to achieve this within the allotted number of hits, you receive a star for this course. If you make it in less hits than required, you could even win two or three stars.

Features:
- unlimited fun
- a total of seven different par courses with six different courses each
- tournament mode
- single and multiplayer action up to four players (hot seat mode)
- beat your own highscore
- unlock more par courses by excellent playing
- game statistics
- supports English, Spanish, Italian, French and German language
- in-game manual
- funky soundtrack
07-29-2010, 04:24 PM
This is the kinda game I like to see! I'll check it out asap.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!

07-29-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhsterboi View Post
This is the kinda game I like to see! I'll check it out asap.
I'm looking forward to reading your impressions. This looks amazing!
07-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Yeah, it does. I don't have much money in my account, but will see if I can get a giftcard today.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
07-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Well, I buy every golf game that comes out and I can easily recommend this one. It has a micro machines look to it (if that makes sense) but instead of a race track, it is a golf course.

Play control is a simple as touching the ball and pulling back for power and then letting go. The guide arrow will show you the direction your ball will go. Holes are very cool, with desk top items being in the way of your shot. The hole is very forgiving in that it is large and will pull the ball down on rim shots.

Graphics and sounds fit the game, local stats and a four player hot seat mode is included. I didn't see leader boards. Works fine on the iPad.
07-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Well, I buy every golf game that comes out and I can easily recommend this one. It has a micro machines look to it (if that makes sense) but instead of a race track, it is a golf course.

Play control is a simple as touching the ball and pulling back for power and then letting go. The guide arrow will show you the direction your ball will go. Holes are very cool, with desk top items being in the way of your shot. The hole is very forgiving in that it is large and will pull the ball down on rim shots.

Graphics and sounds fit the game, local stats and a four player hot seat mode is included. I didn't see leader boards. Works fine on the iPad.
Thanks for the impressions. I don't like real golf, but love iPhone golf and have been looking for a solid 2D golf game once I beat Stick Golf.

07-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Does it save if you don't complete a course in one sitting?
07-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Does it save if you don't complete a course in one sitting?
Yes. So far you can play any hole on the first course in any order. You can keep replaying the same hole trying to three star it. Stars are awarded based on your score for that hole.

It seems to save the best five or so scores per hole and the list how many stars you received on that hoe, with three being the best. I have quit and gone back a couple of times and my stuff was saved.

To add...I just unlocked a new mode by getting so many stars. Looks there are a lot of modes to unlock. You can also play tournament but I am playing single holes right now.

Last edited by BazookaTime; 07-29-2010 at 05:28 PM.
07-29-2010, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Yes. So far you can play any hole on the first course in any order. You can keep replaying the same hole trying to three star it. Stars are awarded based on your score for that hole.

It seems to save the best five or so scores per hole and the list how many stars you received on that hoe, with three being the best. I have quit and gone back a couple of times and my stuff was saved.

To add...I just unlocked a new mode by getting so many stars. Looks there are a lot of modes to unlock. You can also play tournament but I am playing single holes right now.
Nice - thanks. That is the frustration of Stick Golf - so far I haven't been able to figure out how to not have to start a course over if I have to quit it. Looks like I will be giving this a whirl (though it is entirely different from Stick Golf).
07-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Yeah I probably will too. I'm just still deciding. How many courses/holes does this have? In the description it says unlimited fun.