★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Coming Soon: Hoopster 3D Basketball Game!

03-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Coming Soon: Hoopster 3D Basketball Game!

Hello all,

I am new to the forums, and wanted to announce an upcoming game that my company is developing for the iPhone/iPod Touch.

Hoopster features a realistically rendered 3D basketball court, real shooting physics and two action-packed modes of play full of special effects for the iPhone and iPod Touch.

1) Quick Shots

This fun, addictive and action filled game challenges players to shoot from random locations in 3 different zones while collecting power-ups and racking up the points.

2) Shoot Around

Before you hit the showers, take a spin around our practice court to perfect that half-court shot and gain the advantage over your friends, family and the world on our high score leader boards.

Quote:
Here is a Beta sample of game play for Hoopster. You can get a sense of the swipe/drag shot power component, the accelerometer tilt for alignment and the drag control for movement in Shoot Around.

I will post a "hands on device" video a little later.

Thanks,
Matt

Youtube link | Pop Up

Features Include:

o Detailed 3D basketball arena with real physics, realistic sounds and incredible effects

o “Quick Shots” game with countdown clock and power-up bonuses for maximum score

o “Shoot Around” gym to perfect the power and alignment of your shots

o Intuitive accelerometer and touch controls for shooting and moving around the court

o Hot and cold streak particle effects and fun feedback messages

o Tracking and reporting of several stats including swishes, bank shots and even airballs!

o Rookie, Intermediate, and Pro difficulty settings

o Top 10 leader board for all three difficulty levels

o Options for music and sound effects volume as well as screen dimming

Other options and more exciting games planned for release in future versions. Thanks for your support, and please let us know if this game looks interesting (couple of beta pics attached) and any suggestions you may have.

Thanks,
Matt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_menu.png
Views:	17
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	1488   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_game.png
Views:	464
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	1489  

Last edited by salsamd; 03-06-2009 at 04:58 PM.
03-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Graphics look pretty good!
Is this kinda like all-star eventish, like the shooting contest?

whats the development status?

this is my signature people get over it...
wow looks great and the best basketball app out there!

Ohh BTW on bb subject. I play basketball for a homeschool team! Lol
03-03-2009, 05:57 PM
oh welcome to ta you are going to love it here!

03-03-2009, 06:00 PM
How do you see your game distinguished from LKA Basketball Mania or Arcade Hoops? Both of these are just shooting games as well.

Also, any plans to transform this into a full player based game? Streetball is the only game currently with this offering, but Handheld Games is working on one.

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."

Last edited by salsamd; 03-03-2009 at 06:04 PM.
03-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Thanks OrangePanda... There is a mode that is most familiar to "Pop-a-Shot" arcade style where the camera moves from spot to spot and you have to hit as many shots as you can in 1:30. You go on Hot and Cold streaks and get power-ups that stop the clock, give double points, etc. This mode is targeted at the casual gamer who has a few minutes and wants a fun (and at times funny) game experience.

The shoot around is more about accuracy (no time pressure) and about 15 stats are collected from the obvious (shooting %... points, to things like bank shots, airball and bricks. Each mode has messaging and audio support and special effects. Hit 8 in a row and you enter "Bacon Time!" Sizzlin'

We plan on adding additional basketball games (traditional and not-so traditional) in the future.
03-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggetsman28 View Post
whats the development status?

We are currently in Beta... shooting for a release candidate at the end of this week so we can submit to Apple next week.

MJ
03-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_RKLS View Post
We are currently in Beta... shooting for a release candidate at the end of this week so we can submit to Apple next week.

MJ
i would submit fast some apps take over 2 weeks to be approved!

03-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggetsman28 View Post
i would submit fast some apps take over 2 weeks to be approved!
True... we are up against the age old conflict of market opportunity and polish . We will hope for the best!