★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Can you save the New York rats? Classic best-seller with over 1 MILLION downloads! The No. 1 Free Action Game in 18 countries! Now completely revised with beautiful high resolution Retina graphics. And don't miss the brand new level, Crazy Mode!

The New York rats are hungry - can you guide them to the tasty trash? Just touch and drag to guide the rats, but watch out for speedy passenger trains, puddles, rat poison, blackouts, and the vicious vacuum train. Keep an eye on the garbage trains to see what useful things they might drop. Prove that you can survive living on the edge under trains made from tons of steel. Sometimes pulling the emergency brake will be your only option to make it...

Subrats Classic is a lightning fast, funny, and highly addictive real-time action game for all ages. Don't blame us if you miss your stop!

Insanely addictive - easy to learn, hard to master!
Now perfect on an iPad!
Get to the top of 4 leaderboards!
Earn 29 Gamecenter achievements!
The only game that you can play with 10 fingers simultaneously!
Avoid 14 different trains!
Collect 10 different Power-Up items!

Visit us at www.whiteshoemedia.com for more. And become a test player, or email us with questions, comments, or suggestions at info@whiteshoemedia.com!

Copyright 2013, White Shoe Media, Inc. All rights reserved.
07-30-2010, 02:01 AM
Graphics look good. I'd love to see a video though.
Funny how similar games come out almost simultaneously.
Screenshots show action taking place at the same spot. I wonder if there are different locations.
Anyway, I invited the devs to this forum. Hopefully they join us here.

07-30-2010, 03:21 AM
Looks just like Cat Run. Not sure if thats a good thing yet, I'll wait for impressions.

OF:MrLambChopz
07-30-2010, 07:03 AM
Game Impressions

Ok, I decided to TOFTT.
If you want to read about the game's various powerups, trains and special items, you are better off going to the dev's website. Its quite extensive.

I found the gameplay to be very enjoyable. One thing that is unique to this kind of game is that you can choose the background music: you can have rock, jazz, swing or "dramatic" music. Another "sound related" feature that I quite enjoyed was the commuters' chatter. The point of the game is to lead the rats from the bottom platform to the rubbish bin/garbage can on the top platform.
You have to do it by avoiding normal trains, express trains, cleaning trains that suck the rats in if they get too close and others. You also need to avoid randomly appearing puddles of water that make electric wires short circuit and electrocute any rat nearby. There are other dangers, but I haven't unlocked them yet. I played the game a few times and it is quite addictive. The rats don't wait for you indefinitely to lead them across - they wait on the edge of the platform for a few seconds and then take off across the tracks. Your job is to make sure they don't get run over. The game starts easy and then gets progressively harder with more and more rats trying to cross. You have 3 lives, so 3 killed rats=fail. You have 3 emergency stops. If you see that one of the rats is about to be run over, you can tap the stop symbol and the train will come to a stop. Rats can actually walk under the train, as long as it is not moving. I found the experience to be quite rich and engrossing. I only saved 50 rats so far on my last and most successful playthrough, but I'll play more, as the game has a lot to offer. Extra hazards and bonuses appear as you save more and more rats.
If you liked Cat Run, 33rd Division and the like, I am sure you'll like this game.

My only criticism is the game icon. The rat image looks good, but the white background does not. I am sure that the devs coul've come up with something more exciting than white background. It looks terrible on the springboard. Other than that, the game is very good. For $1 I recommend it.
07-30-2010, 08:45 AM
Sounds awesome! Does it have more than one map?
07-30-2010, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brerlappin View Post
Sounds awesome! Does it have more than one map?
No, just one map.
07-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Indy View Post
Looks just like Cat Run. Not sure if thats a good thing yet, I'll wait for impressions.
Exactly this.

Invaders Must Die.
07-30-2010, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
Ok, I decided to TOFTT.
If you want to read about the game's various powerups, trains and special items, you are better off going to the dev's website. Its quite extensive.

I found the gameplay to be very enjoyable. One thing that is unique to this kind of game is that you can choose the background music: you can have rock, jazz, swing or "dramatic" music. Another "sound related" feature that I quite enjoyed was the commuters' chatter. The point of the game is to lead the rats from the bottom platform to the rubbish bin/garbage can on the top platform.
You have to do it by avoiding normal trains, express trains, cleaning trains that suck the rats in if they get too close and others. You also need to avoid randomly appearing puddles of water that make electric wires short circuit and electrocute any rat nearby. There are other dangers, but I haven't unlocked them yet. I played the game a few times and it is quite addictive. The rats don't wait for you indefinitely to lead them across - they wait on the edge of the platform for a few seconds and then take off across the tracks. Your job is to make sure they don't get run over. The game starts easy and then gets progressively harder with more and more rats trying to cross. You have 3 lives, so 3 killed rats=fail. You have 3 emergency stops. If you see that one of the rats is about to be run over, you can tap the stop symbol and the train will come to a stop. Rats can actually walk under the train, as long as it is not moving. I found the experience to be quite rich and engrossing. I only saved 50 rats so far on my last and most successful playthrough, but I'll play more, as the game has a lot to offer. Extra hazards and bonuses appear as you save more and more rats.
If you liked Cat Run, 33rd Division and the like, I am sure you'll like this game.

My only criticism is the game icon. The rat image looks good, but the white background does not. I am sure that the devs coul've come up with something more exciting than white background. It looks terrible on the springboard. Other than that, the game is very good. For $1 I recommend it.
Color me confused but do I need to target the emergency brake or does it stop all trains simultaneously?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Color me confused but do I need to target the emergency brake or does it stop all trains simultaneously?
It stops all trains simultaneously, they wait few seconds and then proceed on their way, giving you enough time to move the rat out of the way.
07-30-2010, 10:06 PM
Although I think Cat Run is alright, this looks more like my cup-o-tea. Gek's blessing is the only thing missing now

Edit: www.subratsgame.com is awesome. It shows the tutorial via screenshots and even lists out many tips to help you (i.e. saving 100 rats gives you +1 life)

OF = Heffdog116
Plus+ = Heffman21 Add me
GameCenter = JerryIsAlive

Last edited by heffdog116; 07-30-2010 at 10:08 PM.