★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** SALE! For a limited time Zombie Invasion 2 HD is only $1.99 (reg. $3.99) ***

The zombies are back! And they brought friends, lots of them! Like it's prequel, this game is a classic top-down style arcade game that places your character stationary on the bottom center of the screen while hordes of zombies poor in from the top and sides. You must stop them!

This game is all about survival and high scores. Choose a battleground and see how long you can survive! It's a global competition for daily, weekly, and all time high scores. Earn a spot on the leaderboard by strategically managing your money and ammo. Accuracy will earn you valuable point multipliers.

What's New in Zombie Invasion 2 HD?
- More zombie types!
- New weapons: pistol, magnum, shotgun, machine gun, flame thrower, RPG, chainsaw, and a laser canon.
- Weapon store.
- Four new battlegrounds: USA, China, Mexico, and Africa.
- New controls: Touch the direction you want to attack instead of tapping the zombie directly like in the first Zombie Invasion game for iPhone/iPod Touch.
- New custom scored music for each new battleground.

More guns, more zombies, and more levels! Zombie Invasion 2 HD has everything our players have requested.

CAN YOU MAKE THE LEADERBOARDS?!

Check out a video of Zombie Invasion 2 HD at:
http://www.youtube.com/conniptiongames

Follow Connipion on Twitter at:
http://twitter.com/conniption

For more information about Conniption Entertainment see our website at:
http://www.conniptionentertainment.com

ConniptionMike's comments:
ZOMBIE INVASION 2 HD NOW AVAILABLE IN THE APP STORE!!!
Zombie Invasion 2 HD

Get it in the App Store:
Zombie Invasion 2 HD

Get it in the App Store: Zombie Invasion 2 HD

PRESS RELEASE
SAN DIEGO, CALIF., July 27, 2010 – Conniption Entertainment announces a sequel to it's hit game Zombie Invasion, Zombie Invasion 2 HD for the iPad, to be released on Wednesday, July 28, 2010.

“Back in 2008 we brought the App Store it's first zombie game, Zombie Invasion, which was a huge success for us. Now we're very excited to announce Zombie Invasion 2 HD for the iPad! More guns, more zombies, more levels, way better graphics, and an awesome soundtrack. We really think iPad owners are going to love it!” said Michael Seltmann, COO of Conniption Entertainment.

The zombies are back! And they brought friends, lots of them! Like the prequel, this game is all about survival and high scores. It's a global competition for daily, weekly, and all time high scores. Earn a spot on the leaderboard by strategically managing your money and ammo. Accuracy will earn you valuable point multipliers.

What's New in Zombie Invasion 2 HD?
- More zombie types!
- New weapons: pistol, magnum, shotgun, machine gun, flame thrower, RPG, chainsaw, and a laser canon.
- Four new battlegrounds: USA, China, Mexico, and Africa.
- New controls: Touch the direction you want to attack instead of tapping the zombie.
- New custom scored music for each new battleground.

More guns, more zombies, and more levels! Zombie Invasion 2 HD has everything our players have requested.

*Zombie Invasion 2 will be available later this year for the iPhone 4 retina display.

Get it in the App Store:
Zombie Invasion 2 HD
07-30-2010, 07:40 PM
So, the character can't move?

07-30-2010, 07:58 PM
BazookaTime,

Yep, that's right, and we at Conniption think that's what makes this game so fun! The game is in a classic arcade style. Your character is stationary on the bottom middle of the screen and waves of zombies poor down from the top (and sometimes sides).

There are a lot of other zombie games that you can move your character around, this is good, but ZI2HD is focused on shooting accuracy and weapon/ammo conservation strategies. The game is primary built around the Leaderboards - the goal is to dominate the daily, monthly, and all time charts. We thought the best way to do this was to keep it simple.

We really like this style of game, and we understand some don't, which is fine. If you are uncertain if you would like to purchase it please PM me and I will give you a free promo code.

Mike
07-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConniptionMike View Post
BazookaTime,

Yep, that's right, and we at Conniption think that's what makes this game so fun! The game is in a classic arcade style. Your character is stationary on the bottom middle of the screen and waves of zombies poor down from the top (and sometimes sides).

There are a lot of other zombie games that you can move your character around, this is good, but ZI2HD is focused on shooting accuracy and weapon/ammo conservation strategies. The game is primary built around the Leaderboards - the goal is to dominate the daily, monthly, and all time charts. We thought the best way to do this was to keep it simple.

We really like this style of game, and we understand some don't, which is fine. If you are uncertain if you would like to purchase it please PM me and I will give you a free promo code.

Mike

Sounds good, pm sent.
07-30-2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the code. The game is more fun than it looks in the video. The touch controls to shoot are excellent and the zombies look great. I also like the upgrade shop but money seems to be very hard to come by.

I think the blood color is off and needs to be more red. Also, it would be nice if the blood splatter stayed until the round ended. I wish the character could move left and right, I think this would add to the strategy of the game and give the player more of a chance to develope a strategy. Even the old arcade games allowed basic left/right movement. As is, it feels really limiting to just stand in one spot. Maybe consider a slider movement that would let the player move along the bottom.

Lastly graphics are nice but could be polished up a little to include the main character, her skin color looks like she is already a zombie. Maybe add some destructibles to the environment.

Overall, this is a fun arcade game that with some touch ups could be great.
07-30-2010, 09:40 PM
Character not moving is like Pro Zombie Soccer... Except of course in this game the angle is different and you have cool weapons. I think I'd prefer to be able to move the character. I'm not sure.

Best App Site: FreeMyApps - Redeem paid apps for free on your iOS device!
07-30-2010, 10:02 PM
Game looks very cool. Just ran out of iTunes credit though unfortunately. Is there a lite version of this game in the works?
07-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Thanks for the code. The game is more fun than it looks in the video. The touch controls to shoot are excellent and the zombies look great. I also like the upgrade shop but money seems to be very hard to come by.

I think the blood color is off and needs to be more red. Also, it would be nice if the blood splatter stayed until the round ended. I wish the character could move left and right, I think this would add to the strategy of the game and give the player more of a chance to develope a strategy. Even the old arcade games allowed basic left/right movement. As is, it feels really limiting to just stand in one spot. Maybe consider a slider movement that would let the player move along the bottom.

Lastly graphics are nice but could be polished up a little to include the main character, her skin color looks like she is already a zombie. Maybe add some destructibles to the environment.

Overall, this is a fun arcade game that with some touch ups could be great.
Thanks for your input BazookaTime. I'm forwarding your notes to my dev team to consider.

We talked about making so the player could run from left to right by tilting the device - this might be difficult given the size of the iPad and having to tilt it using one hand given the other is very busy shooting zombies. However, this method may work excellent after we move the game to the iPhone later this year. We will continue to research this and other control options. And we are open to any ideas or thoughts you may have. Thanks again for your input!

Mike
08-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Send a message via AIM to pmseltmann
BazookaTime:

I think I got the blood color right now, thanks for pointing that out. Destructibles are a great idea, I'm looking forward to adding them very soon. First we are releasing an update to tie up any loose ends, then you can start to see game play updates... including new Battlegrounds and new weapons.

Paul