★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Babel Words, check it out

03-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Babel Words, check it out

Hey Everyone,

I'm very happy to work for a company that develops a word jumble game called BABEL WORDS for the iPhone/iPod Touch. If you have a chance, you should check it out.

For those of you who love word jumble games, sodoku, scrabble, or crossword puzzles, this is a game that should be added to your app library. It uses 10 levels where you build bronze, silver and gold towers from the points earned from the development of words. There is a time challenge and you can post your scores against other BABEL WORDS players.

It's a great looking game, fun to play, whether you're trying to kill time, stimulate the mind, or just love good games for you're iPhone, "word buff" or not.

Check out the game by searching "Babel Words" into the search engine at the iTunes website, I promise you won't regret it.

Have a great day and enjoy playing on the amazing iPhone.

B
03-03-2009, 09:54 PM

Seems like a less frenzied version of Word-Fu. I might check this out. But for $3.99 I don't know how many'll be willing to take the plunge

Welcome to the forums!

03-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Actually 3.99 is very cheap considering that DS and PSP games are $30 and don't offer much more than what we're seeing in the app store. Don't listen to the cheapskates here. You time and energy is worth a measly $3.99
03-03-2009, 10:08 PM
The game needs some updates, performance improvements and bugfixes. I hate buying games that don't get ongoing support by the developer.
03-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2000 View Post
Actually 3.99 is very cheap considering that DS and PSP games are $30 and don't offer much more than what we're seeing in the app store. Don't listen to the cheapskates here. You time and energy is worth a measly $3.99
I don't personally share that point of view (in case that's what you're thinking), but it is true that a lot of people are cheapskates. However, if this game continues getting good reviews, you can almost guarantee that we Touch Arcaders will give be a good chunk of your customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadenlos View Post
The game needs some updates, performance improvements and bugfixes. I hate buying games that don't get ongoing support by the developer.
You tried it already?
03-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2000 View Post
DS games usually fall into 3 categories. 1) Fun, polished titles that are actually worth the $20-30 you spend on it. 2) Titles that are good but have bad bugs or glitches. 3) Titles that are absolute garbage ie "shovelware" that are worth no more than the box they come in.

You cannot compare DS games to iPhone games. Ask the dev how much money he spent on advertising and product manufacturing.

The shovelware games aren't worht $20-30 but the games like Advance Wars are. If you want to compare a top iPhone game to a top DS game, then try titles like PuzzleQuest that actually give you an entire game.
03-03-2009, 10:34 PM
For those lazy folks out there (you know who you are), here's an AppShopper link: http://appshopper.com/games/babel-words

I'm a bit surprised that this game is resurfacing after almost 4 months. Do the developers have something new coming out, or are they just hoping to squeeze out a few more sales on this puppy? It seems like with 15 weeks and only 24 reviews under its belt this game could use a bit of a push. Maybe a temporary price drop or contest or something? And to stop what I can already see as being a ridiculous discussion, I'm not trying to mooch a promo code. The truth is: (1) I already have a lot of games I need to play and review, and (2) if I really wanted a code I'd just write directly to the developer and ask them. I'm just suggesting that they need to do something to try and get this game into more gamers' hands.

And do we really need to turn EVERY thread into a discussion about price point - epsecially vs. DS and PSP? I'm getting so sick of hearing about that stuff. I think there's a thread dedicated to this very subject, so go bellyache over there.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
03-03-2009, 10:42 PM
gnadenlos The game needs some updates, performance improvements and bugfixes. I hate buying games that don't get ongoing support by the developer.

Could you please expand on this some? I've been looking at this game for a long while but some reviews complain of game being slow and not much else so held off.
03-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
...And do we really need to turn EVERY thread into a discussion about price point - epsecially vs. DS and PSP? I'm getting so sick of hearing about that stuff. I think there's a thread dedicated to this very subject, so go bellyache over there.
Well said! I agree. It seems nearly every thread has a post from someone complaining about the price of a game and or asking for a price drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadenlos View Post
I really enjoy word games, particularly when they try to do something a little different. Something that makes them stand out from all the similar word games. Have you purchased this game? Can you comment further or provide more information on the game needing updates, performance improvements and bugfixes? I'm interested in the game but I'm hesitating if it needs updates, performance improvements and bugfixes.
03-03-2009, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_mani View Post
Well said! I agree. It seems nearly every thread has a post from someone complaining about the price of a game and or asking for a price drop.
Just so the wrong people don't jump on this, I did mention a potential price drop. However, I wasn't specifically asking for it. I was just offering a suggestion that might help them increase interest. I'd go into my reasoning for the statement, but then I'd be doing the same thing I asked other people not to do. sigh...

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre