★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Sunnyville (Price Drop -> $2.99)

03-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Sunnyville (Price Drop -> $2.99)

Yard Sale, by Method Solutions, has dropped from $4.99 to $2.99.

[AppShopper] [AppStore]

It's the first price drop since it's release on January 24, 2009.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
03-04-2009, 12:54 AM
If you didn't buy it yet, buy it while it's on sale! I consider it one of the best hidden object games on the iPod touch.

03-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gscal View Post
If you didn't buy it yet, buy it while it's on sale! I consider it one of the best hidden object games on the iPod touch.
What makes this hidden objects game stand out from the others? I've tried a few and they were OK but nothing really great. So what is it that you really like about his one? What features make it a stand out. In other words, I'm interested in knowing more about it and what makes you like it so much.
03-04-2009, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_mani View Post
What makes this hidden objects game stand out from the others? I've tried a few and they were OK but nothing really great. So what is it that you really like about his one? What features make it a stand out. In other words, I'm interested in knowing more about it and what makes you like it so much.
Well, the hidden objects part of the game is just as good as any hidden objects game. But when you've found all the objects in a certain level, you get to construct furniture, etc. using those objects. This "building" part of the game is what makes it stand out, and it uses the touch screen quite well. I also have the PC version of this game, and I consider them equal. I hope I answered your question.
03-04-2009, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gscal View Post
Well, the hidden objects part of the game is just as good as any hidden objects game. But when you've found all the objects in a certain level, you get to construct furniture, etc. using those objects. This "building" part of the game is what makes it stand out, and it uses the touch screen quite well. I also have the PC version of this game, and I consider them equal. I hope I answered your question.
Yes, you've answered my question! Thank-you!
03-04-2009, 01:21 AM
Only issue I have is 2nd level of zoom distorts image. Test it out in the lite version. To me that bothers me and why for HOG on mac only purchase 1024x768 ones and not 800x600. If you can find objects in 1st level of zoom then go for it.
03-04-2009, 10:05 AM
Ok, so I played the light version and I kinda enjoyed it. It was OK. What I want to know is....how is the replayability? Do you ever go back to it after playing through it once? How many times can you play a level before you know where everything it could ask for and where it is located?

I am the managing editor of nodpad.com.

Sporting an iPod Touch 2 Gen
03-05-2009, 12:58 AM
I picked it up last night and so far I am rather impressed and feel it is worth the $2.99 price.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
03-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Is this more fun than Everest?
03-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
Only issue I have is 2nd level of zoom distorts image. Test it out in the lite version. To me that bothers me and why for HOG on mac only purchase 1024x768 ones and not 800x600. If you can find objects in 1st level of zoom then go for it.
Thanks for the warning. I tried out the lite version and can see what you mean about the image being less clear when you zoom into the 2nd level. There are two yards in the lite version. I found most items on the first level of zoom and only had to use the 2nd level zoom a few times. But I did have a lot of trouble finding the boat propeller (it looked like a fuzzy blob to me) and the 2 daggers. I found the 1st OK but couldn't find the second. I had to resort to using a hint. It was stuck in a 'pipe' and to me it the dagger and pipe combined looked like a spyglass. However I was impressed with the story line and overall polish of the game. I'm not sure, but I think I might buy it because it would be a game I could play with my goddaughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpb1975 View Post
Ok, so I played the light version and I kinda enjoyed it. It was OK. What I want to know is....how is the replayability? Do you ever go back to it after playing through it once? How many times can you play a level before you know where everything it could ask for and where it is located?
I also tried the lite version. I played it twice. The 2nd time I played I had to collect mainly different items in each of the yards. So I think you could play it through at least twice and find mostly different items. I don't know if it is set item lists or random item lists though. I also saw that you can play timed games, etc. If you changed the settings it might add more variety and hold your interest for longer. EDIT: the items you use in decorating your rooms were the same and hidden in the same place in each yard.

Last edited by snow_mani; 03-05-2009 at 06:23 PM. Reason: for clarity