★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Jump into an exciting war between the Winged Crusade and the Landians! Mecho Wars is a turn-based strategy game where you command your troops to expand control and conquer your enemies. Strategically position your troops because each type has its strengths and weaknesses.

Command your troops to conquer structures for your team's benefit. Capture factories to expand maximum army support. To pay for this large army, take-over cities to earn gold from the rich economic hubs. Finally, defeat the enemy by capturing their H.Q. structures.

Included in the game is a rich story-driven single player campaign, a special set of individual challenge maps, and remarkable multi-player support with a single device.

The single player campaign is a story about the rise of the Winged Crusade. The story takes place in a distant land known as the Divination Deserts. This is not your typical desert since there is plenty of water separating land masses. Mecho Wars features a unique day-night cycle where water will freeze overnight. Once inaccessible areas by land troops can be reached in the early hours of the morning.

The day-night cycle isn't used only in the single player campaign. Try facing off against a friend in multi-player. Be amused when you place your troops in the right spots for an overnight ambush!

- Online Multiplayer
- Openfeint
- 2 Campaigns (Winged Crusade and The Landians)
- 20 Campaign Levels (over 8 hours of gameplay)
- 10 Challenge Maps
- Exciting story
- Great 2D graphics
- Excellent soundtrack
- Day/Night features
- Facebook and Twitter integration
- The best turn based strategy game on iPhone according to several websites
- Listen to your itunes library while you play
- Based on the characters and world created by Luc Bernard

Like Advanced Wars, but on the iPhone. If you like turn based strategy, you should really look at picking this one up. Its straight up turn based strategy goodness.

4.5 out of 5

This is hands down the best TBS game on the iPlatfrom.
4.5 out of 5

If you enjoyed the strategy and planning of Advanced Wars on you gameboy advanced, check out Mecho Wars. It has mostly everything that you would want and retails for a relatively cheaper price.

4 stars out of 5

If you're into strategy titles and need a fix of Advance Wars, Mecho Wars is the best thing currently out for the Touch and iPhone.

Mecho Wars does everything right to suit the iPhone platform. The touch screen controls are well balanced, and compelling gameplay can make for some lengthy struggles over water, land, air and ice. Any game that I can play casually while making pancakes simultaneosly is a winner in my eyes.

8.5 out of 10

Luc Bernard's comments:

So since everyone seems to offer sometimes apps free for a limited amount of time, so Mecho Wars should be free for the night or maybe tomorrow too I don't know yet.

I'm doing this as a test to see how many downloads it can get as being free.
08-02-2010, 01:27 AM

I like the artworks, already!

TouchArcade Patreon - GameCenter: dyscoder -

08-02-2010, 01:29 AM
I knew something good would happen tonight
Free game!
08-02-2010, 03:15 AM
God i love the art in that game
08-02-2010, 04:06 AM
Great game, one of my favorite TBS games.

And by the way, I am really liking Steam Pirates, which I just started, as well. I think both of these titles are severely underrated.

I was really sad to hear that you're not going to continue developing for the iPhone Luc.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
08-02-2010, 05:23 AM
Was going to buy it for the Wii, but since it became free...
08-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the free game, Luc. I have to admit I didn't know of your game before seeing this thread, but I am having a real good time with it so far.

I'll definitely check your other releases out. Seems like there's a lot of talent here.
08-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Not bad for a free game, but would hesitate if i have to pay for it.
08-03-2010, 09:54 PM
I got confused on the first level

I thought I had to attack those guys that went over the bridge :s
08-03-2010, 10:19 PM
This is a very solid game, definitely recommend it.

Just curious, how many downloads are you getting a day when you made it free?