★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Iron Helmet Games
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 8.4 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Tomb Tap HD is a game of grave delight for one or two players. Grab your shovel and shotgun and start unearthing undying entertainment by digging up treasure, traps, and zombies! Improve your memory and concentration, while cutting a swath through the graveyard.

Featured in New & Noteworthy Card, Puzzle & All Games!
Featured in What's Hot in Card Games!
Ranked in Top Card Games in 17 countries!
Ranked in Top Puzzle Games in 9 countries!

Tomb Tap HD puts a spin on the classic memory cards game. Unlike classic memory, you aren't just looking for matches, you're digging up zombies, traps, treasure, and health packs. Each time you miss, the zombies attack!

See how long you can last and how high a score you can get before you run out of health. Play strategically and use combos to increase your score.

There are 2 play modes - single player and cooperative multiplayer. In co-op mode, players take turns to "unearth" cards. You must compete for your own score, but cooperate to survive as long as possible against the zombies.

*CO-OPERATIVE MULTIPLAYER* *SINGLE PLAYER* *FACEBOOK INTEGRATION* *ZOMBIE GALLERY* *UNLIMITED LEVELS* *SPOOKY SOUNDTRACK* *STUNNING HIGH DEFINITION GRAPHICS* *DYNAMIC CHALLENGES*

SINGLE PLAYER
Embark on an epic quest to dig up all the treasure, dodge all the traps, and destroy all the zombies!

COOPERATIVE MULTIPLAYER
Grab a friend and enter the graveyard together to see how long your dynamic duo of diggers can last against the countless undead.

FACEBOOK INTEGRATION
Post your high scores to Facebook with the touch of a button. Show off your best scores and challenge your friends to do better.

ZOMBIE GALLERY
View all of the creepy monsters that you have unlocked. See how many more you have to go!

SPOOKY SOUNDTRACK
Creepy music accompanies you into the graveyard! Jump in fright when the zombies groan and claw at you!

UNLIMITED LEVELS
The zombies won't stop coming until you're dead. Try to get as much treasure and kill as many zombies as possible before you become one yourself!

STUNNING HIGH DEFINITION GRAPHICS
Experience your iPad's power to deliver zombies in stunningly terrifying high definition. Enjoy seamless and smooth gameplay.

DYNAMIC CHALLENGES
Just when you thought you've got the hang of it ... the game changes! See if you can keep up with the zombies as they Shamble! their way to out-witting you.

ironhelmet's comments:
Iron Helmet Games announces Tomb Tap HD!
Scroll to the bottom of the post for PROMO CODES!

Tomb Tap HD is a game of grave delight for one or two players. Grab your shovel and shotgun and start unearthing undying entertainment by digging up treasure, traps, and zombies! Improve your memory and concentration, while cutting a swath through the graveyard.

Ranked in Top Card Games in U.S., U.K., Canada, Australia, Japan & Mexico!

Check out Tomb Tap HD in the App Store
Visit the Iron Helmet Games webpage
Check out Iron Helmet Games on Facebook

Tomb Tap HD is a game for kids (and big kids) that puts a spin on the classic memory cards game. Unlike classic memory, you aren't just looking for matches, you're digging up zombies, traps, treasure, and health packs. Each time you miss, the zombies attack! See how long you can last and how high a score you can get before you run out of health. Play strategically and use combos to increase your score. There are 2 play modes - single player and cooperative multiplayer. In co-op mode, you and a friend take turns to "unearth" cards. You must compete to get the best score, but cooperate to survive as long as possible against the zombies!

*CO-OPERATIVE MULTIPLAYER* *SINGLE PLAYER* *UNLIMITED LEVELS* *STUNNING HIGH DEFINITION GRAPHICS* *DYNAMIC CHALLENGES*

PROMO CODES:

NRTN4PPLMPF9
MXK9LWPLPEEY
08-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Took NRTN4PPLMPF9, Thanks! (And the other was already taken.)

08-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Awesome! Used MXK9LWPLPEEY. Thanks! Will report back when I get a chance to play. Can't really tell what's going on from the few screen shots.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
08-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Awesome! Used MXK9LWPLPEEY. Thanks! Will report back when I get a chance to play. Can't really tell what's going on from the few screen shots.
Cool...post some impressions.
08-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Ok, so this is a decent memory game. It's well polished. The background music does a good job of setting the mood. This would be a great Halloween app. However, I wouldn't market it to young kids. It's pretty creepy. I think that younger kids (8 and down) might get too scared to play.

In regard to the gameplay, everything works as you would expect. Tap a card to reveal. Tap a second card to reveal. If they match, a shotgun blast finishes them off and you score points. If you uncover multiple pairs in a row, you get a multiplier that increases with each subsequent match. If you get a mismatched pair, you lose 5 points of health. You start with 100 points. If you uncover the health kit tiles, you regain 50 points of health. If you clear all of the tiles, then you move on the the next "graveyard". The app description mentions endless possibilities, so I think you just keep matching until you run out of health. I made it to graveyard 5 on my first play. At that level, the game gets a little more difficult. Every so often, after making a pick, a random tile will move, so you've really got to be paying attention. Looks like there are local high scores only. This game would definitely benefit from having global scores, including the highest level achieved.

Options are limited. There's Single Player. Two Player, which adds an alternating two player game option. Individual players score based on the matches they make. The players share the 100 health points. The person with the highest score when health gets to 0 wins. Then there's a More Games option that takes you to the developers website.

I don't know that I can recommend the game at the current $3.99 price point. It just seem like there's not enough content to justify that price. At $0.99-$1.99, it's probably a decent buy if you like memory games, have older kids, or if you generally like Halloween themed games. I'd love to see more added to the game. Maybe power ups that give you certain abilities...clear single tiles, negate the health loss, clear 3 tiles, etc. It needs more than just the standard match two, especially at this price.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
08-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Thanks...I will keep an eye on it to drop to .99. I have a bunch of memory games already.
08-02-2010, 10:12 PM
More Promo Codes!

We'll be giving out more Promo Codes for all of our games this week on our Facebook page.

So if you're interested in more free stuff, check out Iron Helmet Games on Facebook!