★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Claudine Shiels
  • Genre: Dice
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 19.8 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Follow us for news on our next amazing game, RED!:

Twitter @knifemedia

facebook.com/knifemedia

***Number 1 paid dice game in the US, UK, Mexico, Australia, Norway, Canada, Sweden, Italy, Switzerland, Philippines, Malaysia, New Zealand, China and more!***

Featuring stunning graphics, multiple game modes and different boards, Snakes and Ladders HD is simply the best snakes and ladders game on the app store!

Ultimate snaking action on the iPad!

***Featured by Apple in New and Noteworthy!***
***Top 10 paid dice games in over 12 countries!***
***Top 10 paid Board games in the UK, Australia, Sweden, New Zealand, Italy, Mexico and others!***
***Highest Grossing Dice game in over 10 contries!***

Features:

- Three different boards, ranging from easy (kids) to punishingly difficult!
- Multiplayer for up to four friends
- Solo play against the iPad
- Lovely HD graphics
- In game custom music support
- To roll the dice, simply flick the screen upwards or press "Roll"!

Plus more!

Follow us on Twitter: @knifemedia

Available for only $2.99

Support indie developers, buy now!
08-02-2010, 11:59 PM
I just picked up laddersnake a few days ago and it's not very polished or enjoyable, so I will give this one a try. It does look much better and with the official snakes and ladders name it caught my eye. My daughter should love this

I picked this up and I am a bit disapointed because it would be nice if the game used the WHOLE screen. (at least for the solo and 2 player game) Also if the dev is on this thread, how about some nice sound for the die rolling. The silence drives me crazy !!

I see why you might stick with the square in the 4 payer mode if the screen rotated for each player, but it does not. That would also be nice. maybe give the option for the square boards or the full screen as well as the choice rotate the board in a multiplayer game.

Last edited by cranker; 08-03-2010 at 12:27 AM.

08-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Hi there cranker,

Always good to hear feedback! I actually posted a thread up higher on the forum ( http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=62985 ).

We are going to take into account all the suggestions for the next update - yours included.

If there is anything else that needs to be sorted, send me a PM.

Cheers!
08-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Thx

Please give me some nice dice sounds

I played a 4 player game last night and can tell you for sure that in a 4P game, the board is the right size, but the screen rotating for each player is definitely a must so you don't have to keep moving the ipad.
08-03-2010, 04:29 PM
We are adding a patch tonight, so stay tuned for dice sounds
08-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Shiels View Post
We are adding a patch tonight, so stay tuned for dice sounds

Thanks

Will you also be making an update to rotate the board depending if it's a 2P, 3P or 4P game or at least making it an option?

Thx again for listening!

One more thought. If you are going to leave the board square which would be necessary if the board is going to rotate (hoping) maybe you can add some artwork on the side so it doesn't look like wasted space. That might look really nice

It's a shame to not use the entire screen for something.

Last edited by cranker; 08-03-2010 at 07:41 PM.
08-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Something strange just happened. I played a 1P game and it was full screen instead of a square but I could not see the whole board. Not sure what that is.

Edit: I just tried it again a few times and it's fine and like it was. (square board)

Last edited by cranker; 08-03-2010 at 07:48 PM.
08-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Thx for the dice sounds just got the update.
08-12-2010, 01:16 AM
just got it and it looks like alot of thought was put into the game.

some initial suggestions:
1) use player names so it's not always "player #'s turn" (and let them pick colors)
2) make the dice rolling a little more fun, since it's really the only interaction the player physically has. maybe a finger swipe could simulate a dice throw, so a long swipe would have the dice roll across the board, while a quick tap simply drops it into one spot. this gives the player a more realistic feeling.
3) make the climbing/sinking sounds funnier/dramatic and the animated slides can be slower for effect
08-12-2010, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceman360 View Post
just got it and it looks like alot of thought was put into the game.

some initial suggestions:
1) use player names so it's not always "player #'s turn" (and let them pick colors)
2) make the dice rolling a little more fun, since it's really the only interaction the player physically has. maybe a finger swipe could simulate a dice throw, so a long swipe would have the dice roll across the board, while a quick tap simply drops it into one spot. this gives the player a more realistic feeling.
3) make the climbing/sinking sounds funnier/dramatic and the animated slides can be slower for effect

I did not think of these things but I agree that these suggestions would make the game ALOT more fun for the family