★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Space Balls is a physics puzzler that combines skill, explosions, brains and more explosions. Players make their way though a variety of levels, that present different challenges and require considered tactics. The obstacles in each level will have to be moved, used, altered or destroyed in order to capture a number of enemies. This is completed through the clever and skillful firing of Space Balls, each with their unique talents and properties.

-------- IMPORTANT!!!!

When playing the game PRESS AND HOLD the fire button to shoot your ball at a faster speed.

Press the space ball on the right to see what other balls are available.

----------

The Story:
Set in distant galaxies where the Space Balls and their arch-enemies the Cuboids live, the game begins on planet Orb. Home to the Space Balls, Orb is powered by the Ultramegasphere, until the evil Cuboids appear and steal it. The Cuboids split the device into pieces and scuttle of to the far corners of the galaxy. Its up to you to get thenm back, until you do planet Orb is open to Cuboid attack.

Game Features:
* 90 increasingly difficult levels.
* 35 different obstacles and enemies, all with unique properties.
* 16 Space Ball characters with different skills and attributes
* Progressively disclosed storyline, featured in comic strip format.
* atmospheric sound effects and exclusive music by Tokyo Pushers
* iPhone 4 hiRes graphics.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

08-02-2010, 11:50 PM
Only played for a couple of minutes and this is a fun game. Also works perfectly on the iPad.

08-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Game Impressions

A very simple game, unfortunately saddled with a clumsy interface:

For a game this heavily reliant on trial and error, a "restart" button needs to be on screen at all times, not hidden inside a menu.

You also need to be able to go back one step at a time: in a level where "step a" is straight forward but "step b" can take a dozen tries to get right, I should not be required to repeat "step a" each time.

The movement and aiming could be better implemented...and heck, could certainly be prettier.

I am a big fan of the dev, and bought this as soon as I saw "Sauce Digital" in the title. Unfortunately I can't recommend this one at all. The concept is just "ok" but not particularly compelling or original. The execution is flawed and smacks of lack of care and attention to detail.
08-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post

For a game this heavily reliant on trial and error, a "restart" button needs to be on screen at all times, not hidden inside a menu.

You also need to be able to go back one step at a time: in a level where "step a" is straight forward but "step b" can take a dozen tries to get right, I should not be required to repeat "step a" each time.

The movement and aiming could be better implemented...and heck, could certainly be prettier.

I am a big fan of the dev, and bought this as soon as I saw "Sauce Digital" in the title. Unfortunately I can't recommend this one at all. The concept is just "ok" but not particularly compelling or original. The execution is flawed and smacks of lack of care and attention to detail.

Played a little longer and you make some good points. This game really needs an easily accessible retry button. Aiming could be smoother but so far I am able to work with this.
08-03-2010, 12:57 AM
Quote:

Moving the gun around and aiming it should be easier/smoother. Other than that I have no problems after playing 8 levels. Its a simple game, but looks very nice and is fun to play.
08-03-2010, 01:05 AM
They've gone plaid!
08-03-2010, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilo View Post
They've gone plaid!
I am surrounded by ........

Edit. By the way, each level is a planet. There are planets Hoth, Vulcan, Kronos, Magrathea,Krypton, Bajor and some others that I recognised.

Last edited by eugekava; 08-03-2010 at 01:51 AM.
08-03-2010, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Only played for a couple of minutes and this is a fun game. Also works perfectly on the iPad.
Thanks BazookaTime, glad you like the game.

Quote:

Hi Gabrien, sorry to hear you're not a fan, i guess some of my games are always goining to be better than others. I'll take on board your suggestions improvements that could be made - an undo is a great idea. I would say that I feel there was an attention to detail though, but i would say that . Hopefully an update will address these issues, and my next game will be more to your liking.

Last edited by Sauce Digital; 08-03-2010 at 03:13 AM.
08-03-2010, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
Moving the gun around and aiming it should be easier/smoother. Other than that I have no problems after playing 8 levels. Its a simple game, but looks very nice and is fun to play.
thanks eugkava. i'm glad you like the design, the in game graphics we're the first things in a Suace Digital app not to be designed by me. They were designed by Mel, who I think has done a great job.
08-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Very nice to see this out.

Invaders Must Die.