★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Bale
  • Genre: Simulation
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 5.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Experience two classic games for the price of one!

Go back to the golden 8-bit ages and experience our beloved classic arcade games on your very own iPhone. All the familiar characters and game plays, it is now up to you to show the world who is the best and quickest ice climber and whos is the fastest, deadliest gunslinger!

Wild Gunman Plus Features:
63 Total Stages from easy to insane
One Gunman Mode
Two Gunman Mode
Gang Mode
World Wide Leaderboard

Ice Climber Plus Special Noteworthy:
*Smooth Joystick control
*All stages and hidden enemies are kept exactly like the classic.

Ice Climber Plus Features:
*Joystick control
*Classic 8 bit animation that never gets old
*All the game concepts are kept in original
*Endless and Classic Mode to choose from
*Open Feint Support world wide.
08-03-2010, 04:19 AM
Oh goodness... Ice Climbers...

I might just have to pick this up since I do adore Ice Climbers and would love to try a clone

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。

08-03-2010, 04:26 AM
Knowing the volatility of the App Store, it might be pulled in a few days. So grab it now if you are interested.

They are not perfect recreations but they are still pretty fun. OpenFeint adds that openfeinty stuff that some people like too. Wild Gunman is simply tap to shoot which is a little boring. Ice Climber controls take some getting used to but I have no serious complaints there.
08-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Seriously? Ripping Ice Climbers straight down to the name? I give this app a week tops.

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
08-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Only 2 games in this pack?
08-03-2010, 10:55 PM
is that joust? never mind, its some bird thing.. do not remember ever playing that game back in the day.

chris.
08-03-2010, 10:58 PM
will be interesting to see how long this stays in the app store

I own and manage iTouchAppReviewers. We have a YouTube. I am a beta tester.
Twitter: @iTouchAppReview GameCenter: Slimothy OpenFeint: SLMGamer4G
Downloaded: 12,000+ apps Beta-tested: Over 100 apps
08-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Original Wild Gunman has already been in the App Store 41 days. It is possible no one is policing these IPs.
08-04-2010, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starjimstar View Post
Knowing the volatility of the App Store, it might be pulled in a few days. So grab it now if you are interested.

They are not perfect recreations but they are still pretty fun. OpenFeint adds that openfeinty stuff that some people like too. Wild Gunman is simply tap to shoot which is a little boring. Ice Climber controls take some getting used to but I have no serious complaints there.
I took your advice and picked it up as soon as possible. It's only $1, so even if it doesn't get pulled, it's still not a bad deal

The controls need a little work. For some reason the control stick doesn't feel responsive at all. I can't quite explain it, though.

But I'm not complaining too much. Having Ice Climbers in any form is fine to me.

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
08-04-2010, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starjimstar View Post
Original Wild Gunman has already been in the App Store 41 days. It is possible no one is policing these IPs.
At the very least, Apple has been known to be very inconsistent about what gets put out/pulled from the App Store. If no one does any work to call foul on this stuff then i would expect it's possible it could sit there for awhile.

As for Nintendo being pissed, again so long as there's not much noise being made then I doubt they'd ever have a clue or even CARE, really. I would be shocked if they spent much time policing the App Store on their own - they possibly watch the front pages of a high-profile site like TA, but I don't think they are gonna be browsing forums at all looking for this stuff, much less doing searches to see if their lesser-known IPs are being ripped-off. It's a strange time..