★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Zombie Invasion 2 HD on SALE for $0.99!

08-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Zombie Invasion 2 HD on SALE for $0.99!

******SALE******
Zombie Invasion 2 HD is now on sale for only $0.99 (Regularly $3.99)!

The zombies are back! And they brought friends, lots of them! Like it's prequel, this game is a classic top-down style arcade game that places your character stationary on the bottom center of the screen while hordes of zombies poor in from the top and sides. You must stop them!

This game is all about survival and high scores. Choose a battleground and see how long you can survive! It's a global competition for daily, weekly, and all time high scores. Earn a spot on the leaderboard by strategically managing your money and ammo. Accuracy will earn you valuable point multipliers.

What's New in Zombie Invasion 2 HD?
- More zombie types!
- New weapons: pistol, magnum, shotgun, machine gun, flame thrower, RPG, chainsaw, and a laser canon.
- Weapon store.
- Four new battlegrounds: USA, China, Mexico, and Africa.
- New controls: Touch the direction you want to attack instead of tapping the zombie directly like in the first Zombie Invasion game for iPhone/iPod Touch.
- New custom scored music for each new battleground.

More guns, more zombies, and more levels! Zombie Invasion 2 HD has everything our players have requested.

CAN YOU MAKE THE LEADERBOARDS?!

APP STORE
Zombie Invasion 2 HD

Zombie Invasion 2 HD Video:

APP STORE
Zombie Invasion 2 HD
08-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Explain the new controls, please. Do you tap anywhere, or do you touch?

08-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Tapping fires off a single shot on guns such as the pistol and shotgun etc. It's different than ZI 1 in that you don't actually have to tap the zombies. Just in the direction that you want to fire. Other weapons such as the flamethrower or m16 will continuously fire if you hold your finger to the screen... hope that helps... let me know if you still have questions?

Mike
08-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Thanks, will give this one a try.
I've enjoyed both your previous zombie games.
08-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Send a message via AIM to bLiNdSiDe
Really cool game. Could you look into adding openfeint?

Gamecenter / OpenFeint / plus+ / Crystal / Agon : blindside82
08-04-2010, 03:35 AM
Send a message via AIM to pmseltmann
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
what a scaled up graphics....not good...definitely not worthed for 3.99...but for 0.99 u can give it a try...standard gameplay,challenging,controls are okay but not the best.
overall....yes this is just a another 0.99cents game...
Can you expand on what you mean by "scaled up graphics"? All the graphics in the game were created specifically for the iPad and are not scaled up at all.
Also do you have any suggestions for better controls. We are pretty happy with the way the controls turned out but are always open to suggestions. Thanks!

Paul

08-04-2010, 04:49 AM
I'm playing with ZI2 HD just as i'm writing this post!
I find it enjoyable and well done.
As a little suggestion, many times it's difficult to see zombies comin' out from left and right sides 'cause fingers tryin' to shoot down enemies from the top also cover the screen right in the lower corners. Maybe there's a method to prevent this, something like an arrow in middle of the screen that occasionally indicates zombies coming from those directions, but it's only an idea.
Keep up the good work!

P.S. I believe i found two major bugs.
1) When i pause the game and press the top button on the iPad to get the standby mode with screen off, when i return to the game the music sometimes is gone.
2) With the game in pause mode enemies sometimes continue to attack.

Last edited by Caprone; 08-04-2010 at 05:09 AM.
08-04-2010, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
sorry for not being specific...the graphic are scaled up when u loose and the screen zoom to the character...then everything became pretty scaled up to me...

bout the control...i said its ok but not the best, i mean can we choose wether to "tap n hold" to continuosly shoot or "tap n tap" to shoot...
sorry bout the english i dont know how to explain better than this.
Ah yes it does zoom in to 2x when you die.
You can "tap n hold" with the appropriate weapons. You can unlock and purchase automatic weapons that allow you to tap and hold and let loose. Try the M16... it's quite effective

08-04-2010, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caprone View Post
I'm playing with ZI2 HD just as i'm writing this post!
I find it enjoyable and well done.
As a little suggestion, many times it's difficult to see zombies comin' out from left and right sides 'cause fingers tryin' to shoot down enemies from the top also cover the screen right in the lower corners. Maybe there's a method to prevent this, something like an arrow in middle of the screen that occasionally indicates zombies coming from those directions, but it's only an idea.
Keep up the good work!

P.S. I believe i found two major bugs.
1) When i pause the game and press the top button on the iPad to get the standby mode with screen off, when i return to the game the music sometimes is gone.
2) With the game in pause mode enemies sometimes continue to attack.
Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into those issues right away.

Last edited by pmseltmann; 08-04-2010 at 08:02 AM.
08-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Zombie Invasion 2 HD Update 1.0.1 just came out!

Updates include:

- Fixed day skipping bug.
- Blood color is improved.
- It is now easier to select weapons.
- Gameplay and difficulty balancing.
- Ghost Zombie Bug fixed.
- Misc small bugs.

It's on sale for only $0.99 (Reg $3.99).