• Publisher: SK Telecom
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 463.0 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1
  • Price: $9.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.3 (14)
App description: Apple features Crimson Gem Saga as one of Best Role-Playing Games

The PSP hit, Crimson Gem Saga has been carefully ported to the iPhone and iPod Touch, offering RPG lovers a highly engrossing and original turn-based RPG adventure in the palm of their hand.

In Crimson Gem Saga you'ill build your own unique party and experience a magnificent adventure to find the Crimson Gem, a wicked stone with the power to control minds. Fans of JRPGs will love the style and presentation of Crimson Gem Saga, including turn-based party gameplay, great unique characters, plenty of gear, stats, skills, quests and monsters, wrapped in an epic campaign unlike any other RPG on the App Store.

Features

Unique and well developed characters with unique skills and detailed high resolution portraits
Characters speak over 60% of the story dialog
A gorgeous hand painted world full of unique locations (no tiles here!)
A unique interface custom built for the iPhone experience
A huge 400MB RPG adventure with over 30 hours of deep gameplay

The PSP version of Crimson Gem Saga successfully received an average score of 80 in North America, including an 8.4 from IGN. Enjoy the same great game for a fraction of the price on your iPhone or iPod Touch!

v1.0.1 Update List
- Fixed D-pad Control is default
- "Fixed controller" relocated into a good position to use
- battle control has become more clear
- Fixed medallion bug.

v1.1.1 Update List
- Auto-save function. Game will save automatically everytime at map-loading

squarezero's comments:
A 400+ Mb download and at $9.99 half the price of the PSP version.

EDIT:
The Dev has come up with a way to keep fans updated with what happens with the game on the App Store and had the idea for fans to post screenshots with the game moments they have problems with on the game's Official Fan Page http://www.facebook.com/CrimsonGemSaga. Technically you send it over email from your device and then they put it on the fan page to resolve their problems.

EDIT2: Video taken by user Chuck showing battles and some voiceovers. Played on an iPad

Youtube link | Pop Up
08-03-2010, 07:56 PM
I never played this on the PSP. Anyone that has that can recommend this?

08-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
A 400+ Mb download and at $9.99 half the price of the PSP version.
*bites tongue*

08-03-2010, 08:01 PM
400+ MB.

Wow.

Betas: Victory Day, Victory March, Zombwich, Mission Europa, Shadow Era, Slice It!, Baseball Superstars 2011, Queen's Crown, Aralon: Sword and Shadow, Zombie Runaway, Third Blade, Tower Defense: Lost Earth
08-03-2010, 08:04 PM
So glad it's out! I have to make some room for it though

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius
08-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
*bites tongue*

I know, I know. I've known about this game for months and read all the reviews -- and in fact, I discovered the iPhone version by accident. But, of course, it's from a source that is not well known in the App Store (though the original game was released by Altus, which is up there with Square Enix as a publisher of RPGs).

From all I've been able to find out about the game, this is the second serious new JRPG to be released on the platform (with the first being Chaos Rings).
08-03-2010, 08:11 PM
If I don't know that Secret of Mana is coming as well I'd buy this right now. Looks really good and like a serious asian RPG, unlike Zenonia or Luna Story.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
08-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I know, I know. I've known about this game for months and read all the reviews -- and in fact, I discovered the iPhone version by accident. But, of course, it's from a source that is not well known in the App Store (though the original game was released by Altus, which is up there with Square Enix as a publisher of RPGs).

From all I've been able to find out about the game, this is the second serious new JRPG to be released on the platform (with the first being Chaos Rings).
I'm doing my best to keep an open mind. (It's just so darn hard! ) Look forward to reading your impressions once you've formed some.
08-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltMyTouch View Post
400+ MB.

Wow.
My thoughts exactly.

I'm hoping it's not compressed. GTA is 232mb but is actually somewhere near 600 on your device
08-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Err seriously? Not sure what to think about this. I bought it on PSP shortly after it came out last year. The gameplay is pretty straightforward, I liked the levelup/skill tree bits - certainly spent a lot of time in that tower earning xp between stretches of storyline. However the game got pretty stale after 15-20hours of play. Battles flowed almost always the same, and the story - though quirky - was too few and far between. $10 isn't bad if you like JRPGs, but I can't expect this will perform well on the iOS platform.