Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-04-2010, 11:03 PM

Anyone have any idea when the psp sequel to this game may be released?
Old 12-13-2010, 06:24 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Send a message via MSN to Pitch_Blak Send a message via Yahoo to Pitch_Blak

I'm interested in this game, but has there been a patch yet for bugs?
Old 12-13-2010, 06:54 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch_Blak View Post
I'm interested in this game, but has there been a patch yet for bugs?
No, if u mean the dialogue bug. It still was a awesome game. The experience from the voice acting/storyline is simply amazing.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:11 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

I am usually more into action RPGs like Zenonia, Zenonia 2, Inotia 2, Illusia, etc. but this does look quite good and it has caught my attention. Would someone new to turn based combat RPGs be able to pick up the combat system in Crimson Gem Saga fairly well?
Old 12-28-2010, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchgamer3g View Post
Would someone new to turn based combat RPGs be able to pick up the combat system in Crimson Gem Saga fairly well?
Absolutely. It has some RT elements too, BTW, like the ambush system or critical combos. Production values are great.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:13 PM

Default Great game

Love this game. I love RPGs and have been thoroughly unsatisfied with several of the existing subpar action-RPGs that are somewhat deficient in the storyline and dialogue. This one rocks with the skill tree, the dialogue, good voice-acting, and leaving out silly quests like "fetch 5 bones, then fetch 10 bones, then 15...".

I just wish the porting wasn't subpar in itself. I love the voice dialogue but it's horribly ruined by only some of it being played and at the wrong time. The menu system is annoying in that it's a bit too easy to make the wrong move.

But, as others have said, those are easily forgettable with the sheer quality of the rest of the game. I'd gladly buy more RPGs that are as good as Crimson Gem Saga. Plus I love watching the intro video every time I start playing.

And I consistently use Spinel thanks to her Level 3 Wind Slash (or whatever it's called). It's a nice cheap way to do damage to clear all the enemies after an ambush.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:43 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bochu View Post
Love this game. I love RPGs and have been thoroughly unsatisfied with several of the existing subpar action-RPGs that are somewhat deficient in the storyline and dialogue. This one rocks with the skill tree, the dialogue, good voice-acting, and leaving out silly quests like "fetch 5 bones, then fetch 10 bones, then 15...".

I just wish the porting wasn't subpar in itself. I love the voice dialogue but it's horribly ruined by only some of it being played and at the wrong time. The menu system is annoying in that it's a bit too easy to make the wrong move.

But, as others have said, those are easily forgettable with the sheer quality of the rest of the game. I'd gladly buy more RPGs that are as good as Crimson Gem Saga. Plus I love watching the intro video every time I start playing.

And I consistently use Spinel thanks to her Level 3 Wind Slash (or whatever it's called). It's a nice cheap way to do damage to clear all the enemies after an ambush.
It's a great game on PSP. I just wish it would be updated for Retina displays on iPhone.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:27 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherdman View Post
It's a great game on PSP. I just wish it would be updated for Retina displays on iPhone.
I would play this game a lot more often if it had multitasking. Seems they have not done such a good job with post release support in my opinion.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:04 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

This game is unplayable. It needs an update badly.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:08 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawLessLove View Post
This game is unplayable. It needs an update badly.
What makes it unplayable?