• Publisher: SK Telecom
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 463.0 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1
  • Price: $9.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.3 (14)
App description: Apple features Crimson Gem Saga as one of Best Role-Playing Games

The PSP hit, Crimson Gem Saga has been carefully ported to the iPhone and iPod Touch, offering RPG lovers a highly engrossing and original turn-based RPG adventure in the palm of their hand.

In Crimson Gem Saga you'ill build your own unique party and experience a magnificent adventure to find the Crimson Gem, a wicked stone with the power to control minds. Fans of JRPGs will love the style and presentation of Crimson Gem Saga, including turn-based party gameplay, great unique characters, plenty of gear, stats, skills, quests and monsters, wrapped in an epic campaign unlike any other RPG on the App Store.

Features

Unique and well developed characters with unique skills and detailed high resolution portraits
Characters speak over 60% of the story dialog
A gorgeous hand painted world full of unique locations (no tiles here!)
A unique interface custom built for the iPhone experience
A huge 400MB RPG adventure with over 30 hours of deep gameplay

The PSP version of Crimson Gem Saga successfully received an average score of 80 in North America, including an 8.4 from IGN. Enjoy the same great game for a fraction of the price on your iPhone or iPod Touch!

v1.0.1 Update List
- Fixed D-pad Control is default
- "Fixed controller" relocated into a good position to use
- battle control has become more clear
- Fixed medallion bug.

v1.1.1 Update List
- Auto-save function. Game will save automatically everytime at map-loading

squarezero's comments:
A 400+ Mb download and at $9.99 half the price of the PSP version.

EDIT:
The Dev has come up with a way to keep fans updated with what happens with the game on the App Store and had the idea for fans to post screenshots with the game moments they have problems with on the game's Official Fan Page http://www.facebook.com/CrimsonGemSaga. Technically you send it over email from your device and then they put it on the fan page to resolve their problems.

EDIT2: Video taken by user Chuck showing battles and some voiceovers. Played on an iPad

Youtube link | Pop Up
09-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
Right now people are just hoping that iOS 6 will passively fix in CGS what iOS 5 passively broke. :P
That's what I was hoping. I re-installed the game after I got iOS 6. At the initiation of the third or fourth battle, the game crashed like it did before.
12-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Not sure if this game ever got fixed(and sorry if me bumping this brings somebody's hopes up).

But for those with a PSP or Vita that want to play this game(bug free), it just dropped down to $7.49 in the US PSN Store.

12-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
Not sure if this game ever got fixed(and sorry if me bumping this brings somebody's hopes up).

But for those with a PSP or Vita that want to play this game(bug free), it just dropped down to $7.49 in the US PSN Store.
I'd pay some developer at least $20 to play this one on my iPhone again. So, if anyone can crack the code and resubmit it under the name CGS, name your price!
02-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Esto esta olvidado verdad.. Nada de actualizaciones.. No se para que lo compre.
No comprare nada ms de esta compaa..
:/
02-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilneo View Post
Esto esta olvidado verdad.. Nada de actualizaciones.. No se para que lo compre.
No comprare nada ms de esta compaa..
:/
No lo actualizan hace aos... No creo que lo vayan a actualizar ahora... Sorry :/
09-22-2014, 09:00 PM
Does anyone have try this game, now? With ios 7? On an ipad?
09-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoloBaquerizoH View Post
Does anyone have try this game, now? With ios 7? On an ipad?
It's still broken, man. Don't buy it. It's never getting fixed.
09-22-2014, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Musgrave View Post
It's still broken, man. Don't buy it. It's never getting fixed.
lol by some small miracle maybe it will start to work again on iOS 8?
Doubt it though. Too bad, it was a great game while it lasted.

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind
09-22-2014, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
lol by some small miracle maybe it will start to work again on iOS 8?
Doubt it though. Too bad, it was a great game while it lasted.
It technically still works on iOS 7. You have to let the intro movie (i.e. a black screen) completely play through (if I remember right it has no sound), and then the start menu will appear. The only thing is there is NO way to skip the into movie, so you'll have to stare at a black screen for about a minute or two each and every time you'd like to play the game. I decided that it just wasn't worth it since there are plenty of other great RPGs I still need to play on the AppStore. So, being that I deleted it a while ago, I can't say whether this "trick" still works or not with iOS 8. Either way, I just wanted to share what I knew about it. It's really a shame that this game didn't get better support because it was actually one of the more interesting RPGs I'd played.
09-22-2014, 11:07 PM
get it for psp/vita if you want to play it. on IOS it never played right, shame cause it costs so much and they continue to sell a broken game