Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-12-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
Thank you, I'll try more then.

BTW on Twitter/Facebook devs have published the 'fixed things' list.
Seems they've fixed almost all the basic requests for menus usability plus the medallions bug.
Hope it's so, can't wait.

This game needs much more attention imho, every RPG lover cannot miss it.
Speaking for myself, I'm really hooked with how events flow in the game.

Now I'm blocked though
BTW, seems I'm probably the only one in the world that prefer the 'movable' stick controls...I'm actually using it and loving it (the fixed one is simply too ugly in my eyes to be used).
It does fade away when you take your finger off the screen, though.

I think in theory the movable stick is great (see Chaos Rings), but the implementation here seems to "slide" as you move the stick, to the point where it become difficult to use. Ugly as it is, the fixed one is responsive and accurate -- something that can't be said about the controls of many Korean ARPGs.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:16 AM
iPhone (Original), OS 3.x

Here's the list of fixes posted on their FB page:

Quote:
....When can we expect an update for the medallions not working properly? Your left stuck within the menu with no way yo get out. I am pretty far into the game and have level 1 skills. =__=...>> - FIXED.

2. >>
Also trying to navigate through the menu's are an issue because they are way too jumpy. You literally have to flick lightly to navigate or you will accidently choose something you weren't trying or just get a bit frustrated from time to time.>> - FIXED.

3. http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...n+saga&page=20 - the majority of complains from this thread has been fixed.

4. >>
-The floating d-pad doesn't stay in place, it moves with your finger. It would be better if the d-pad stays where it is when you're moving around.>> - FIXED.

5. >>
-For the fixed d-pad, it should be able to be moved around by the player via some sort of options setting.
-The menu scrolling is too sensitive/jittery.>> - FIXED>
And they also posted:

Quote:
- “Fixed D-pad Control” is default
- "Fixed controller" relocated into a good position to use
- “battle control” has become more clear
...- Screenshot has changed
Not sure what the third one is supposed to mean, the translation is a little dodgy.

Last edited by Eduku; 08-12-2010 at 09:19 AM..
Old 08-12-2010, 09:34 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Send a message via AIM to tzual

Can anyone give me a tutorial on how to use the battle system menu? I'm having a really hard time navigating through them and selecting things
Old 08-12-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduku View Post
Here's the list of fixes posted on their FB page:
snip.

So, no voice-over synchronization? I want this game, but I already know from the trailer that out-of sync dialogue will annoy me greatly...
Old 08-12-2010, 09:44 AM
iPhone (Original), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isilel View Post
snip.

So, no voice-over synchronization? I want this game, but I already know from the trailer that out-of sync dialogue will annoy me greatly...
It was probably lower on their list of priorities compared to some of the other bugs which affect gameplay.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzual View Post
Can anyone give me a tutorial on how to use the battle system menu? I'm having a really hard time navigating through them and selecting things
Basically, the combat menu behaves like a ring: swipe directly down (not diagonally) on the selected option (the larger one) to move to the option above it. Tap once, and you'll either take action (in which case you'll have to tap on a target) or see a second level menu. This menu behaves like all the other menus in the game: when you swipe directly down on the selected option, you move to the option below. You can also swipe horizontally on the selected option to access a second sub-category. Tap once on the selected option to activate it. If you make a mistake, tap on the character portrait to go back one step.

For example: in Killian's turn, you can swipe the "ring" to select Skills (icon looks like the top of a crooked staff). On the secondary menu, you can swipe up or down to select one of the visible options (usually healing spells) or swipe once horizontally to access his Unique Abilities (which are combat skills). Tap on the selected option to activated it.

Hope that makes sense. Once you get used to it, you won't even think about it.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
It was probably lower on their list of priorities compared to some of the other bugs which affect gameplay.
Also, do we know for sure that it's any different from the PSP version? I haven't found a YouTube video that shows dialogue.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:10 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Also, do we know for sure that it's any different from the PSP version? I haven't found a YouTube video that shows dialogue.

New England Gamer should know this.
NEG played the PSP version.
I'm trying to summon NEG to this thread

Last edited by Vovin; 08-12-2010 at 10:15 AM..
Old 08-12-2010, 10:17 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
There's nothing wrong with a game dropping in price -- the problem with the App Store is that the release/bargain bin transition is much too quick. Also, the initial price is too low.

Interestingly, I just picked up Lunar for the PSP (which came out only a few months ago) at half the original price on PSN. Of course, that was still $15.00, but clearly the downward pressure on prices is not exclusive to the App Store.
That was exactly what I wanted to say...
Old 08-12-2010, 10:34 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
In the PSP there is kind of a new game+ (but not a 'true' one, I guess), where you keep your skills and there's extra items and equipment, I think.
Yeah, the PSP version of New Game+ has a few new locations including the haunted mill (which is now closed) with a special item as reward. You keep all your skills and SP, but not your money and equipment. But the iphone/ ipod version doesn't seem to have this. No replay value, unless it's in the update like what Zenonia 2 had in their update >_<