★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Combination 2.0 out soon - over 400 levels!

03-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Combination 2.0 out soon - over 400 levels!

Combination 2.0 ( App Store Link, $0.99 ), and a new lite version, should hopefully be out this week!

The new version of Combination has over 400 levels (405 to be exact). We believe that's the most levels of any iPhone game, puzzle or not. Anyone able to correct us?

Last edited by ChrisJefferson; 03-30-2009 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Update image!
03-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJefferson View Post
Combination 2.0 ( [http://www.itunes.com/app/Combination] ), and a new lite version, should hopefully be out this week!

The new version of Combination has over 400 levels (405 to be exact). We believe that's the most levels of any iPhone game, puzzle or not. Anyone able to correct us?
Don't get me wrong, 405 is a huge number, but I believe TanZen has 432 puzzles at the moment.

03-04-2009, 03:28 PM
You're right! Darn! *shakes fist*. Hmmm... should we put a few more together, just to top it? Probably not a good idea to get into a level fight, quality would probably start to slip :\
03-04-2009, 03:42 PM
I believe some puzzle games randomly generate their levels. So technically, they have an unlimited number of levels.
03-04-2009, 03:43 PM
We tried automatic generation for a while, but as of yet I haven't been able to make "fun" levels, too many things that to the human eye look broken or stupid keep coming out.
03-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Naboko has 2,400, Rescue Angels 500, Marple has 1 million, Plantinum Sudoku and Kakuro has 20 million.

Anyway yes 400 levels is great though I understand your point it is a lot of levels I concur. Will check out lite when it comes out.
03-04-2009, 03:54 PM
20 million sounds like a slightly excessive number, I'm not sure I believe they have that many unique levels. I'd like to see proof that none of them repeat!

Oh well, I'll give up any hopes of claiming the most levels, some people can't be beaten!

Last edited by ChrisJefferson; 03-04-2009 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Wrong number
03-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJefferson View Post
20 million sounds like a slightly excessive number, I'm not sure I believe they have that many unique levels. I'd like to see proof that none of them repeat!

Oh well, I'll give up any hopes of claiming the most levels, some people can't be beaten!
You can atleast still claim to have some of the most...
400+ is nothing to be ashamed of. That's still "advertisement" worthy!
03-04-2009, 03:57 PM
i don't find the discussion "how many levels" important, so i don't know why some of you guys are trying to point that out to the dev.

and sorry, but i have to wait for some reviews before purchasing.
03-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pante View Post
i don't find the discussion "how many levels" important, so i don't know why some of you guys are trying to point that out to the dev.

and sorry, but i have to wait for some reviews before purchasing.
Which country are you based in? It's really annoying that you can't see all reviews in all countries.

Using the magic of scripts, I can dump out all the reviews I've had. If any other authors want help doing this kind of thing, I'm happy to point them in the right direction!
Honesty check: "Azumanga" is my brother's review.
Does anyone know what "Nai Wan" means?

=== Store: Taiwan
3 stars, "Good game", by 過於單調
Appears to be simple. Considerable depth. The rules easy to understand. Nai Wan stress-free.
=== Store: United Kingdom
5 stars, "Simple idea yet challenging level", by Maerid
To begin with I thought this puzzle was going to be far too easy after all it is a very simple concept. However, the later levels are really really challenging and it becomes very addictive.

It is great for killing time on long journeys and will also help youngsters to build their IQ.

As an educationalist I think this is great prep for SAT tests, in a fun way that children will enjoy.
--
5 stars, "Great fun!", by Azumanga
A great little puzzle game. The artwork isn't great, but it's really addictive!
=== Store: United States
5 stars, "Fun and Challenging", by DS Leadfoot
Addictive little puzzle game, nice "wobbly" effects on the game pieces. Recommended!
--
5 stars, "Great game", by foobaz
The graphics are very simple, but the gameplay is great. This is the kind of game you can play for a minute while waiting for something. The first levels are very simple but they get fiendishly difficult later.
--
5 stars, "Definitely enjoyable game", by smoke2002
This game has a very intriguing and different concept for a puzzle game. I really enjoy logic type puzzles and this one is unique to any others I have tried. I have really enjoyed the levels that I have played so far and would recommend it highly.
--
5 stars, "WHY AREN'T YOU PLAYING THIS???", by Pat McGill
OK - Here's the quick & skinny of this game:

What a GREAT GAME!!! I'm finding it hard to put down, but i promised a review, so quickly -

Some specifics...

First of all, a great 4 part tuorial that gives you everything you need.
5 levels (Fun, Tricky, Taxing, Mayhem & SuperHard) & 74 stages.
Completely pick-up & play, but impossible to put down & ignore.

If you are a puzzle fan, consider yourself a great thinker, or just looking for a fantastic challenge, this is the only game you need. Do yourself & your mind a favor; take that challenge, and try to figure out the COMBINATION...