• Publisher: Cyan Worlds
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 68.4 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Welcome to The Manhole! From the creators of Myst, The Manhole is a silly, delightful, interactive, busy-box-of-a-world that kids can explore and explore - finding something new around every corner.

This award-winning romp transports children to the fanciful world around, above, and beneath what appears to be just an average, everyday, manhole. But there is much more than meets the eye - have tea with a rabbit, wake up a walrus, nibble biscuits with a dragon, hang with a penguin, boat with an elephant, speak French with a turtle, and much more!

First released in the 80's, the original version won rave reviews and numerous awards including "Best New Use of a Computer" from the Software Publishers Association. This Masterpiece Edition was produced in the 90's as a ground-up re-make of the original with meticulous computer-rendered scenes layered with delightful hand-rendered characters. There are over 30 original music compositions and scores of original sounds and voices.

Check out Myst, RIven and Stoneship - more great iOS entertainment from Cyan Worlds!
08-04-2010, 11:19 AM
<3 Cyan Worlds.

08-04-2010, 11:47 AM

"There's a little boat in my teacup!"

Funny, I was just playing this with our daughter about two weeks before it was announced for iPhone - now there's one more app on there that threatens to keep my iPod in her hands...

I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and buy an iPhone 4 for myself so she can have the iPod one of these days.

(It's a good remake, but I kinda miss the old "New and Enhanced" version - I like the all hand-drawn graphics better than the mix of cartoons and CG.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

Last edited by drelbs; 08-04-2010 at 12:42 PM.
08-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Awesome art work but what is it?

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
08-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Are those gameplay shots or paintings???

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
08-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
The Manhole is an entirely open exploration children's game. There is no goal beyond to explore. It's a beautiful, whimsical environment filled with many characters and things to do. Think the interface of Myst, only geared towards kids (no puzzles, though some cleverly hidden things).

It started life in HyperCard as Cyan Worlds' (then Cyan, Inc.) first game. This is a port of the redone Masterpiece CD-ROM edition which was done a year after Myst.

The official Web site is here: http://www.cyanworlds.com/iOS_Manhol...S/Welcome.html
08-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfhok View Post
The Manhole is an entirely open exploration children's game. There is no goal beyond to explore. It's a beautiful, whimsical environment filled with many characters and things to do. Think the interface of Myst, only geared towards kids (no puzzles, though some cleverly hidden things).

It started life in HyperCard as Cyan Worlds' (then Cyan, Inc.) first game. This is a port of the redone Masterpiece CD-ROM edition which was done a year after Myst.

The official Web site is here: http://www.cyanworlds.com/iOS_Manhol...S/Welcome.html
Thank you for explaining.

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
08-04-2010, 12:35 PM
I would love to see a video.
08-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Is this geared towards boys/girls? The reason I ask is my 5 year old nephew is autistic and he cant play games any more difficult than say, "Fly Flap" or "Poppin". This really frustrates him because we wants to be like everyone else but even tilt driving games are beyond his abilities. Reading Malfhok's description made me think this might work for him. Sorry to lay all that out there but can someone advise me? Like Songbird said, a video would help.

DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
08-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
Video:

YouTube: video

(it's not for the iPhone version, though, don't think they have one yet. But for those interested in what it is, there you go )
Thanks Vader!

DEVELOPERS I ADORE