★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The perfect multiplayer game for iPad!

- WHAT PEOPLE HAVE SAID ABOUT THE GAME -

"Shot Shot Shoot is the first truly great game for the iPad. Essential." Frank Lantz, area/code inc, designer of Drop7

Dont be fooled by the minimal presentation, because we can see ourselves dueling with this one for a long time to come. Ben Briggs, Games Uncovered

This game might be the next hipster. Theres just no other way to describe a game with such slim, fashionable lines, and a soundtrack so hip it would fit perfectly in Wes Anderson flick. Nic Vargus, Mac|Life

Shot Shot Shoot provided lots of enjoyment, and if youre looking for a fun competitive iPad game then this is it. Alex, One Man Left Studios

- DESCRIPTION -

Have you been waiting for a game that is catering to the iPad's unique strengths as a beautiful social gaming platform of the future? Wait no more! Shot Shot Shoot is part of a new way of playing games with your friends, combining the magic of computers with the special interactions made possible by board games.

The goal of the game is simple: destroy the five squares on the opponent's side of the board. Maneuver single shots with high precision or overwhelm the other player with massive attack waves a fun mixture of fast-paced gameplay and deep strategy!

Are you craving for more Shot Shot Shoot action? -- Now the special TRI-TRI-TRIOBELISK version of the game is out on the App Store. Only $1 as a special introductory price. Check it out!

- FEATURES -

A digital board game in real-time for 2 players
Two computer controlled opponents (easy and hard) to exercise your skill against
Short but intense matches, perfect for impromptu tournaments among friends
Super easy to learn (includes a quick and efficient tutorial)
Minimalistic and highly stylized graphics optimized for clarity in hectic moments

- ABOUT THE CREATOR -

Erik Svedäng won the Independent Game Festival Grand Prize 2009 with his game "Blueberry Garden". In 2010 he and the artist Niklas Åkerblad released the space exploration game "Kometen" for iPhone and iPad. Right now he's working on a big, unannounced project for PC and Mac.

This game was nominated as a finalist for the Independent Games Festival 2011 "Best Mobile Game" award!

songbird's comments:
HD Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

Quote:
"Shot Shot Shoot is the first truly great game for the iPad. Essential." – Frank Lantz, area/code inc, designer of Drop7

On sale for a limited time!

- DESCRIPTION -

Have you been waiting for a game that is catering to the iPad's unique strengths as a beautiful social gaming platform of the future?
Wait no more! Shot Shot Shoot represents a new way of playing games with your friends, combining the magic of computers with the special interactions made possible by board games.
The goal of the game is simple: destroy the five squares on the opponent's side of the board. Maneuver single shots with high precision or overwhelm the other player with massive attack waves – a mixture of fast-paced gameplay and deep strategy that everyone seems to love.

Wonder how the game looks in motion? Check out the 2 min movie from the "Shot Shot Shoot World Championship 2010" on www.eriksvedang.com/shoot

- FEATURES -

‣ A digital board game in real-time for 2 players
‣ Two computer controlled opponents (easy and hard) to exercise your skill against
‣ Short but intense matches, perfect for impromptu tournaments among friends
‣ Super easy to learn (includes a quick and efficient tutorial)
‣ Minimalistic and highly stylized graphics optimized for clarity in hectic moments

- ABOUT THE CREATOR -

Erik Svedäng won the Independent Game Festival Grand Prize 2009 with his game "Blueberry Garden". In 2010 he and Niklas Åkerblad released the space exploration game "Kometen" for iPhone and iPad.

Here is a video of people playing it but not much screen time/gameplay is shown.

Youtube link | Pop Up
08-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Fantastic game. When you start up the game you see clean, polished, simple menus. The tutorial takes about 30 second to understand (if that) and then you are off to play the computer or another player.

Graphics are simple but look fantastic. The music fits the game perfectly and combined with the look of the game, give it a unique style.

You have large blocks in front of you and you simply swipe in a up, left or right direction to send out a smaller square in that direction. Your goal is to hit the opponents larger squares and blow them up. If two small squares connect, they destroy each other. There are also black dots in the middle that are ammo. The less squares you have launched, the quicker they move. Large squares can only take the one hit and then they are destroyed for that game.

Really great arcade strategy game.

08-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Fantastic game. When you start up the game you see clean, polished, simple menus. The tutorial takes about 30 second to understand (if that) and then you are off to play the computer or another player.

Graphics are simple but look fantastic. The music fits the game perfectly and combined with the look of the game, give it a unique style.

You have large blocks in front of you and you simply swipe in a up, left or right direction to send out a smaller square in that direction. Your goal is to hit the opponents larger squares and blow them up. If two small squares connect, they destroy each other. There are also black dots in the middle that are ammo. The less squares you have launched, the quicker they move.

Thanks for the impressions!

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
08-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:

You have large blocks in front of you and you simply swipe in a up, left or right direction to send out a smaller square in that direction. Your goal is to hit the opponents larger squares and blow them up. If two small squares connect, they destroy each other. There are also black dots in the middle that are ammo. The less squares you have launched, the quicker they move. Large squares can only take the one hit and then they are destroyed for that game.

Thanks for the report, that's appealing, arcade strategy game... that remind me one of more fun game I'm playing, Knigh Defense HD has something like arcade strategy. I have to admit I didn't played much Kometen but could be different with this one.
08-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
Thanks for the report, that's appealing, arcade strategy game... that remind me one of more fun game I'm playing, Knigh Defense HD has something like arcade strategy. I have to admit I didn't played much Kometen but could be different with this one.
I wasn't a huge fan of kometen, other than the fantastic style. This game is just really cool. I can see this game being played a ton of different ways depending on the strategy of you opponent.
08-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote:
I wasn't a huge fan of kometen, other than the fantastic style. This game is just really cool. I can see this game being played a ton of different ways depending on the strategy of you opponent.
Mm that bring back the problem of AI quality ha well, worth the try for me.
08-04-2010, 04:46 PM
No AI, and the video looks pretty crappy. And the endorsement by Drop 7'a creator isn't worth much since that game was an idevice launch throw-together, so I'll wait for the real reviews (e.g. not ign et al.).
08-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubjelly View Post
No AI, and the video looks pretty crappy. And the endorsement by Drop 7'a creator isn't worth much since that game was an idevice launch throw-together, so I'll wait for the real reviews (e.g. not ign et al.).
You always have such pleasant posts. Wouldn't this line from the description indicate that there IS an AI:

Two computer controlled opponents (easy and hard) to exercise your skill against

And I would pretty much listen to anything that BazookaTime has to say as far as impressions go. And he at least gave a favorable impression.
08-04-2010, 05:01 PM
As usual, a completely pointless, uninformed opinion from Grubjelly. As opposed to the helpful, informative post from BazookaTime, who has actually played the game.

Hmm...I wonder who I will trust?

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
08-04-2010, 05:03 PM
I love multiplayer games on the ipad so I will give this one a try.

It's only .99