★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Is it possible for Konami to port Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker to the iPod?

08-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Is it possible for Konami to port Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker to the iPod?

Is it?
08-04-2010, 08:37 PM
It's definitely possible if we will be able to use actual game controllers for it, but with Konami's recent track record, I'd say it would come out as a match-three puzzle game.

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。

08-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
It's definitely possible if we will be able to use actual game controllers for it, but with Konami's recent track record, I'd say it would come out as a match-three puzzle game.
Yeah, maybe it could be Metal Gear Solid Touch 2: Peace Walker Edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Orlandosan"
True, but when your downloading apps at the itunes store, your basically stealing without buying!
08-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeskerWario View Post
Yeah, maybe it could be Metal Gear Solid Touch 2: Peace Walker Edition.
Except this time, it's a lame dual-stick shooter!

And technically... I don't know if this game is possible on iPhone... It even pushes the limits of the PSP, with both content and graphics. If you consider just how much stuff is in this game too, the filesize would be beyond gigantic. It'd be at least 1 gigabyte, if not much more. And even if it was possible, as we discussed, there's no way they'd actually port it.

At this point, I think I'd just be happy with a port of the original Metal Gear. It'd make up for the crappy MGSTouch at least.
08-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post

At this point, I think I'd just be happy with a port of the original Metal Gear. It'd make up for the crappy MGSTouch at least.
Yeah, a metal gear port? I would like to play that again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Orlandosan"
True, but when your downloading apps at the itunes store, your basically stealing without buying!
08-04-2010, 09:58 PM
If Activision can port Call of Duty: Zombies, then they can port Metal Gear Solid

Upcoming iPhone Games: World of Midgard,Paper Monsters, LostWinds,The First Attempt,Blade Slinger, Kale in Dinoland, Prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerzack1 View Post
the psp sucks it has dumb games the nintendo ds is so much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Dumb people are dumb.
08-05-2010, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowsFall View Post
If Activision can port Call of Duty: Zombies, then they can port Metal Gear Solid
Those are just mini games, the graphics aren't even pushing half the iPod's limits either.

For one thing though Peace Walker is more than a gigabyte, which is already a turnoff to download. I think the it would probably have to only be for iPhone 4, also stripped down in content...Konami will make it terrible somehow
08-05-2010, 04:00 AM
Those are just mini games, the graphics aren't even pushing half the iPod's limits either.